TV & Film Movie Lounge

I have been watching a lot of DVD's but most of them haven't been that great. I did see Maleficent:Mistress of Evil. It was really good but I wouldn't take small children to see it! Lots of violence! I watched one the other day called Believers which was about this "doomsday cult." It was very creepy and had a twist at the end.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
I'm not a big Angelina Jolie fan, but Maleficent was indeed a fun movie. I also haven't seen the sequel but would like to.

My wife (also a big Maleficent fan) just watched the sequel and told me that is was - as all sequels - not as good as the original.

I watched Men in Black 3 today and really enjoyed it! I did see it when it came out, not sure if I watched the last one....
I'm looking for to Parasite.

I also found MIB III to be much better than 2 (well, not really hard).
The new "MIB International" is nice, too, but not as good as 3. Also a tad disappointing that they bring a whole new crew of actors in that one.

I watched an interesting movie yesterday called Can You Ever Forgive Me? It stars Melissa McCarthy and is based on the memoir of the main character. It was released in 2018 and I had never heard of it. Good movie.

I posted this in January. MM was indeed very good in the leading role.

My wife (also a big Maleficent fan) just watched the sequel and told me that is was - as all sequels - not as good as the original.
This is one reason I haven't watched the sequel. I think the only sequels that come to mind that I've really enjoyed are The Empire Strikes Back and Godfather II.

Last edited:
Reactions: Val
I need a cleanser after watching Mother. People said it was bad. It was not bad, it was horrific. One of the most mind F's I have ever seen. It is a good movie if you like that stuff and I do. There is an aspect that gets to me the most. My most frequent nightmare is people showing up, in groups, unannounced and not leaving when I ask and yell at them to leave. I need soft happy movies for a week.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Val
I need a cleanser after watching Mother. People said it was bad. It was not bad, it was horrific. One of the most mind F's I have ever seen. It is a good movie if you like that stuff and I do. There is an aspect that gets to me the most. My most frequent nightmare is people showing up, in groups, unannounced and not laving when I ask and yell at them to leave. I need soft happy movies for a week.

I had to look it up and I think I will skip that one!

Haven't been watching many DVD's lately as I can't go to the library to browse through them! I got this movie I just watched because my sister said it was good. Needed something light and funny too! It is Spy starring Melissa McCarthy. It was silly but made me laugh so I liked it!

we watched Call of the Wild and loved it

we watched UpLoad on Amazon and enjoyed it

watching Bosch on Amazon and enjoy it too

Emma JC

Last edited:
Plastic Ocean

I have been aware for a long while that plastic is a problem, and ever since 2014 I have been trying to live more conciously and sustainably. But after watching this documentary, everything I have been trying seems desperate and basically useless in the grand scheme of things.
We are doomed. This is insanity!

One thing I know... I will not be buying that hair cutting machine that I wanted. It's basically made out of plastic. Plastic is evil.

I watched a recent (last year) film starring Brad Pitt earlier today. It is called Ad Astra and is a sci-fi film. Tommy Lee Jones and Donald Sutherland were also in it. While it was cool seeing these amazing actors, the movie was not that great IMHO. It was mostly Brad Pitt and his thoughts out in space. I got bored. I did like the effects as they were believable.