TV & Film Movie Lounge

I haven't seen any of the films that were nominated. I am not really interested in yet another Little Women or in Joker, as much as a love Joaquin Phoenix. I would like to see Judy and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Last edited:
I am not really interested in yet another Little Wonen or in Joker, as much as a love Joaquin Phoenix.

Yep. Those were actually my two least favorite movies. Little Women, because it was Little Women yet again, and Joker because it was such a dark and sad plot. I also did not love 1917, although I could see the beauty in the cinematography.

I really want to see the Obama Film Company's American Factory soon.

Reactions: PTree15
Joker is a pretty good movie IMO. Don't get distracted or confused by the "Superheroes" label...

Once upon a time in Hollywood, so far does not look too interesting to me after having read this:

Joker is a pretty good movie IMO. Don't get distracted or confused by the "Superheroes" label...

Once upon a time in Hollywood, so far does not look too interesting to me after having read this:

I disagree with the critic that the ending was "troubling" - E and I thought it was a brilliant ending to a quirky, nostalgic movie (maybe we're of the age to appreciate it, lol). The ending was so much better than what happened in real life, that the only possible reason, in my mind, that it could be called "troubling" is because it is so Tarantino-esque in it's over-the-top, downright funny graphic violence.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
My sister and I watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood on Pay per view at her house. We were not impressed. The acting was good and I love Brad Pitt and Leonardo but the story just didn't "grab" me even though I usually enjoy nostalgia type films. Tarantino movies can be so quirky! I probably should watch it again. I didn't see any of the other movies yet.

• Informative
  • Friendly
Reactions: Val and PTree15
we rented Ford vs Ferrari last night on iTunes - it was very good - we are both 'car' people though and so we enjoyed the history and the cars and yet there are great story lines woven throughout it and "Claire" from Outlander plays the main female role and I do love her so it was 2 1/2 hours well spent....

Emma JC

Reactions: Andy_T and Val
we rented Ford vs Ferrari last night on iTunes - it was very good - we are both 'car' people though and so we enjoyed the history and the cars and yet there are great story lines woven throughout it and "Claire" from Outlander plays the main female role and I do love her so it was 2 1/2 hours well spent....

Emma JC

I want to see that one! I love cars! There is a similar movie from a few years ago about NASCAR drivers but I can't remember the title!

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
My sister and I watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood on Pay per view at her house. We were not impressed. The acting was good and I love Brad Pitt and Leonardo but the story just didn't "grab" me even though I usually enjoy nostalgia type films. Tarantino movies can be so quirky! I probably should watch it again. I didn't see any of the other movies yet.
I only saw "Kill Bill". Maybe i'm weird, but i wasn't impressed: moreover, i was disappointed and disliked this movie, because i felt like i wasted my time... :shrug:

Last edited:

That reminds me of the Steve McQueen classic, "Le Mans".

Or, quite recently, the very good movie "Rush" about the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda.

This week's movies:
MIB 3 I really liked this movie. I had watched the latest MIB and was not impressed and I had somehow missed the 3rd installment so had to get it. Really cool, fun movie!
Maleficent Another really fun, awesome movie! I have the sequel on reserve.
The Lost City of Z This is an interesting movie based on a true story of an English explorer back in the early 1900's who explored the Amazon jungles in search of a lost civilization.

This week's movies:
MIB 3 I really liked this movie. I had watched the latest MIB and was not impressed and I had somehow missed the 3rd installment so had to get it. Really cool, fun movie!
Maleficent Another really fun, awesome movie! I have the sequel on reserve.
The Lost City of Z This is an interesting movie based on a true story of an English explorer back in the early 1900's who explored the Amazon jungles in search of a lost civilization.
I'm not a big Angelina Jolie fan, but Maleficent was indeed a fun movie. I also haven't seen the sequel but would like to.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
I wanted to see The Invisible Man, but obviously now cinemas are going to be closed.