TV & Film Movie Lounge

That was a good movie. Hmm, I wonder whether I could get that at the library. I agree on Demi Moore. It's amazing the career she's had given that I don't think she's all that talented. I actually tolerated her in "A Few Good Men" along with Tom Cruise. Jack Nicholson stole that movie, IMHO. :D

A good thriller. :up:

I think that I've only ever liked DD once and it was in a recent film she also made with AB.:oops:

That was a good movie. Hmm, I wonder whether I could get that at the library. I agree on Demi Moore. It's amazing the career she's had given that I don't think she's all that talented. I actually tolerated her in "A Few Good Men" along with Tom Cruise. Jack Nicholson stole that movie, IMHO. :D
I don't want to sound judgemental (and it's none of my business), but TO ME(!) she looks a little "the same" in all movies. (Maybe it's her appearance, i dunno...)

I have just watched a really good movie called A Better Life. It was released in 2011 and the lead actor got nominated for Best Actor. It is the story of an illegal Mexican immigrant single Dad trying to raise his son up right in LA. Very moving and relevant to today's immigration crisis, though in 2011 it wasn't near as bad as it is today. Well worth watching.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Just have watched "007. Spectre", 2015. What a stupid movie...🙄 This was one more time that i felt how much i loathe Daniel Craig... (i hope, i haven't offended anyone).

Here is a movie everyone should watch; Indian Horse

This movie had me in tears throughout. I have always been interested in Native American culture and history and often have felt ashamed to be a white person. The story in this film which is based on a book, is one of the reasons why. Incredibly moving and heartbreaking.

Reactions: Val
Know who I can't stand, and seems the same in every movie she's ruined for me? Julianne Moore.

Just have watched "007. Spectre", 2015. What a stupid movie...🙄 This was one more time that i felt how much i loathe Daniel Craig... (i hope, i haven't offended anyone).
LOL, no offense taken...but I love Daniel Craig as Bond. :D

I have watched 2 movies this weekend that were much lighter than my usual choices which tend to be dark dramas.
POMS starring Diane Keaton and several other "senior" actors was released last year. While there is an underlying sadness, the movie is cute and funny. It is about an elderly cheerleading squad. :D
Green Book which won several awards was a great film. I loved it!

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
LOL, no offense taken...but I love Daniel Craig as Bond. :D
...and i love Timothy Dalton.<3 :lol:
I don't think I've even seen any of the newer Bond movies... the last one I saw was one of Pierce Brosnan's... the one that stars Famke Janssen as one of the freaky villains. I liked George Lazenby the best of all the Bonds, and of course he only lasted one movie.

I think I want to see "The Last Jedi" while it's still in theaters. I forget what the last movie I saw in a theater was... "The Martian", probably (which was good, admittedly). I don't mind going to a concert alone, but I'm just not that into movies- not even sci-fi (not that there's all that much "sci" in "Star Wars"...

Last edited:
I don't think I've even seen any of the newer Bond movies... the last one I saw was one of Pierce Brosnan's... the one that stars Famke Janssen as one of the freaky villains. I liked George Lazenby the best of all the Bonds, and of course he only lasted one movie.

I think I want to see "The Last Jedi" while it's still in theaters. I forget what the last movie I saw in a theater was... "The Martian", probably (which was good, admittedly). I don't mind going to a concert alone, but I'm just not that into movies- not even sci-fi (not that there's all that much "sci" in "Star Wars"...
"The Martian" was a really good book as well. I didn't see the movie in the theater; I watched it with my nephew on DVD. Pretty well done.

Just watched an excellent older movie (1999) starring Russel Crowe and Al Pacino called The Insider. It is about the whistleblower and journalist who helped uncover the lies the tobacco industry was telling that resulted in billions of dollars of lawsuits. Based on a true story.

• Informative
Reactions: Andy_T and Val
Just watched an excellent older movie (1999) starring Russel Crowe and Al Pacino called The Insider. It is about the whistleblower and journalist who helped uncover the lies the tobacco industry was telling that resulted in billions of dollars of lawsuits. Based on a true story.

That was a good one! I went to the library again today and borrowed Juno (which I've seen but not in a while) and some rom-com my sister suggested, Love the Coopers. I needed something on the lighter side.

• Informative
Reactions: Andy_T and Val

This is the one thing where I have to say my father upheld his parenting duties ... once I was of age (12) to see "adult" movies in cinemas, he took me to see "Dr. No" in the cinema, so that I was properly indoctrinated to only see Sean Connery as the only and true Bond. And that was in the early 80's, where it was hard to escape Roger Moore.

So, coming from that, I do appreciate Daniel Craig now as a valid re-incarnation.

Reactions: PTree15
This is the one thing where I have to say my father upheld his parenting duties ... once I was of age (12) to see "adult" movies in cinemas, he took me to see "Dr. No" in the cinema, so that I was properly indoctrinated to only see Sean Connery as the only and true Bond. And that was in the early 80's, where it was hard to escape Roger Moore.

So, coming from that, I do appreciate Daniel Craig now as a valid re-incarnation.
Sean Connery will always be my favorite Bond.

• Agree
Reactions: Andy_T
For the first time in many years, I saw all of the movies up for Best Picture (for the Academy Awards) before the awards show. And while I agree that Parasite was a great film, my two favorites this year were Jojo Rabbit and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

I also watched Judy this past weekend, and wow! what a great job Rene Zellweger did.

• Informative
Reactions: Andy_T and PTree15