TV & Film Moby-Punk Rock Vegan movie

Oh, very cool. I will be watching this. Thanks for the link, Dedalus (and so nice to see you!).

• Friendly
Reactions: Dedalus
I started to watch this earlier, expecting a documentary but either it was a long time starting or it was just music all the way through so I got bored and turned it off.

Last edited:
Oh, very cool. I will be watching this. Thanks for the link, Dedalus (and so nice to see you!).
Hi PT! Good to see you as well! ♥️

Watched the whole thing. It has my highest recommendation. It was so great and so surprising to see just how many vegan punk rockers there were even way back in the 70s. That was a little bit shocking to me quite honestly. And being a punk rocker myself back in the day, I feel a little ashamed that I was unaware of that. But then again, my own ethics and worldview and knowledge about eating animals, did not mature until the mid-2000s.

Very well done movie - not overwhelming for those of us who don’t need to see the difficult scenes of abuse, but enough to resonate the point to those who are still finding their way.

• Love
Reactions: PTree15
Hi PT! Good to see you as well! ♥️

Watched the whole thing. It has my highest recommendation. It was so great and so surprising to see just how many vegan punk rockers there were even way back in the 70s. That was a little bit shocking to me quite honestly. And being a punk rocker myself back in the day, I feel a little ashamed that I was unaware of that. But then again, my own ethics and worldview and knowledge about eating animals, did not mature until the mid-2000s.

Very well done movie - not overwhelming for those of us who don’t need to see the difficult scenes of abuse, but enough to resonate the point to those who are still finding their way.
…and if you lived through the punk and hardcore era of the 80’s, you won’t want to miss it. That’s kind of the target audience in my opinion. A lot of musical history- and a number of really good interviews/ perspectives.

• Love
Well, if you were or are not into the hardcore punk scene, then you’re not going to find it all that engaging. IE ‘Punk Rock’ in the title.
I was into it, I was a part of the big Crass anarchy/animal rights/people's rights/anti-war movement of the 1980s. My problem here, as I stated, was that I was expecting a documentary. If I just wanted to listen to music I would put on a CD or find a specific music video that I want to watch on Youtube.

I was into it, I was a part of the big Crass anarchy/animal rights/people's rights/anti-war movement of the 1980s. My problem here, as I stated, was that I was expecting a documentary. If I just wanted to listen to music I would put on a CD or find a specific music video that I want to watch on Youtube.
It is a documentary. A documentary of how some of the prominent musicians in the punk rock hardcore scene discovered the animal rights movement within that community and evolved towards veganism.

Clearly you didn't enjoy it - I'm not arguing your experience - but I'm not sure what you thought you were getting into. There is a lot of music for sure - I don't think you can make a documentary focused on musicians without having music as a dominant theme. Even still - the music in the film is mostly 15-30 second clips - no complete songs.

It is a documentary. A documentary of how some of the prominent musicians in the punk rock hardcore scene discovered the animal rights movement within that community and evolved towards veganism.

Clearly you didn't enjoy it - I'm not arguing your experience - but I'm not sure what you thought you were getting into. There is a lot of music for sure - I don't think you can make a documentary focused on musicians without having music as a dominant theme. Even still - the music in the film is mostly 15-30 second clips - no complete songs.
I thought it was obvious from what I wrote, A documentary has speech and tells you things. As far as I listened, there was none apart from a couple of two second scenes, then it went into just music and images for a long time. Was there any narration at all in the film? If not, then it wasn't a documentary, just something arty that isn't for me. Let it rest, please. I was explaining why I personally didn't watch it, not criticizing it.

Review from Louder Than War.

Punk Rock Vegan Movie - film review

Here’s a snippet from the review I found helpful:

If you’re punk rock curious or vegan curious then it will be a great eye opener.

If you are a punk rocker but not vegan, the interviewees and footage will interest you. Hopefully it may inspire you to make the change or it may help you better understand the motivations of those who have.

If you are vegan but not into punk rock, it may turn you onto a whole heap of artists who share your values, or make you reassess punk activists.