TV & Film Movie Lounge

I do have an antenna which pulls in several over the air channels.
Just several? the HD antennae don't work for me. too much steel in my building. My windows are facing the wrong way and I have lousy sight lines to the transmission antenaes.

But all i wanted was to watch the Niners. My sister had issues with Sling, too. so we split a YouTube Tv subscription. and now the Niners are so bad I don't even want to watch them.

they did manage to squeak out a win yesterday.

with the Pandemic I'm staying home watching a lot more TV. So I guess it all worked out in the end.

There are a lot of over the air channels here probably close to 100. Many of them are Spanish though! I only watch a select few. I have the antenna in my bedroom window which gives the best reception. Had to run a long cable from the living room TV. I got Sling so I could watch Fox shows which doesn't come in over the air. I probably won't keep it though, after the special runs out.

• Informative
Reactions: Lou
All I got with antenna was one local channel I liked- all the rest were either Spanish or Christian or things I could get with Roku
I did but an upgrade Roku streaming stick-- I have many free offers of trials for streaming services, I'll have to check what's on. I still have Spectrum as they're my internet, but just their streaming service for $30. I may switch to Sling- no local channels from them here though

• Informative
Sling doesn't have local channels here either but I get a couple of those over the air. I thought about Spectrum's streaming service. There are so many streaming services now it's hard to choose. I tried fubo's free trial but they are really expensive and sports oriented so definitely not for me! I can't remember the name of another one, I think I will try after Sling is done.

• Informative
After I finished watching The Healing Powers of Dude, I remembered that there is a movie called A Dog's Way Home and needed to watch that.
It was interesting and beautiful movie.

There has been similar cases where dogs have travelled long distances to get back to their humans.
Like Bobbie: Bobbie the Wonder Dog - Wikipedia

Last edited by a moderator:
After I finished watching The Healing Powers of Dude, I remembered that there is a movie called A Dog's Way Home and needed to watch that.
It was interesting and beautiful movie.

There has been similar cases where dogs have travelled long distances to get back to their humans.
Like Bobbie: Bobbie the Wonder Dog - Wikipedia

That looks great!

but how can you not mention Homeward Bound?

Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey is a 1993 American adventure comedy film and a remake of the 1963 film The Incredible Journey, which was based on the 1961 novel of the same name by Sheila Burnford. ... and was followed in 1996 by Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco.
- Wikipedia

I think you can watch it for free on YouTube.

That looks great!

but how can you not mention Homeward Bound?

Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey is a 1993 American adventure comedy film and a remake of the 1963 film The Incredible Journey, which was based on the 1961 novel of the same name by Sheila Burnford. ... and was followed in 1996 by Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco.
- Wikipedia

I think you can watch it for free on YouTube.
I think I saw that as a kid. I really enjoyed it (I was scared of real dogs but not dogs on screen for some reason, maybe because dogs on screen don't bark and lick your face).
Thank you so much. I'll watch that soon. Now I'm watching Venner For Livet from Netflix.

Poika Ja Ilves was also a great movie when I was a kid.

This is awesome. You can watch it from Yle Areena for free apparently. But I dunno if it has subtitles. But even if it doesn't, it's still very beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KLS52
Another true story (a tear jerker) Greyfriars Bobby :

''Scotland, 1865. An old shepherd and his little Skye Terrier Bobby go to Edinburgh. But when the shepherd dies of pneumonia, the dog remains faithful to his master,
refuses to be adopted by anyone, and takes to sleeping on his master's grave in the Greyfriars Kirkyard, despite a caretaker with a "no dogs" rule. And when Bobby is taken up for being unlicensed, it's up to the children of Edinburgh and the Lord Provost to decide what's to be done.''

Another true story (a tear jerker) Grayfriars Bobby :

''Scotland, 1865. An old shepherd and his little Skye Terrier Bobby go to Edinburgh. But when the shepherd dies of pneumonia, the dog remains faithful to his master,
refuses to be adopted by anyone, and takes to sleeping on his master's grave in the Greyfriars Kirkyard, despite a caretaker with a "no dogs" rule. And when Bobby is taken up for being unlicensed, it's up to the children of Edinburgh and the Lord Provost to decide what's to be done.''

I remember having read about that. Such of an amazing story.

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas
1607759669288.png

I bought (and read) the book some years ago and gifted it to a family member. Sadly, she gave it to a charity shop.
A very good read for those who love animals who bond with humans.

''Hachi-Ko, the samurai dog of Japan, became a celebrity in Tokyo during the turbulent 1930s. He was honored by a statue and a special celebration with thousands of guestsaeven while he was living as a wild street dog in a drainpipe. Once the cherished pet of Professor Eizaburo Ueno, Hachi-Ko won fame among young and old for his undying loyalty to the memory of his master. He returned like clockwork to meet the commuter train at Shibuya Train Station at the same time every day for seven years, despite battles with delinquents, dogcatchers, and vicious strays who threatened him and his friends. Faithful to his death, Hachi-Ko is famous even today as the Akita samurai dog of Japan. Shizuko O. Koster, author of the award-winning non-fiction story aThe Day Mother Sold the Family Swords, a ventures back to her motheras generation to tell the whole story of Tokyoas four-legged hero: Hachi-Ko.''