Midwest Michigan

That sounds pretty bad :mad:

Although I can understand that if his company went bankrupt and all the assets were handed over to the bank, he would not be able to free those animals without breaking the law as they are considered "assets" :eek: belonging to the bank.
There should be provisions to make sure care of such animals is provided in the case of bankruptcies.
Of course he is the one to be blamed as he was the one who put them there and experimented on them in the first place. :mad:

I am happy that those animals could be rescued.

He didn't bother to check to see if they had been rescued, or even contacted a rescue for them to begin with, assuming he wasn't able to remove them himself. And then, when it's made public knowledge, there's no apology or the slightest concern for the animals, he just passes the blame along to someone else.

Bills would criminalize leaving dogs in hot cars

That includes, but is not limited to, “heat, cold, lack of adequate ventilation, lack of food or water, or other circumstances that could reasonably be expected to cause suffering, disability or death of the animal.”

If the animal dies, the punishment would be a felony with up to five years of prison time, otherwise it would be a misdemeanor.

I think the misdemeanor part is bullsh*t, but I guess we'll take what we can get, & hopefully it'll wake up some of these heartless a**holes....

It's a step in the right direction... at least they're doing something! :sadnod:

Last edited:
Got this email today.
---------------
Amy -- This is shaping up to be one of the most important elections not only of 2017 -- but of the next four years. Voter turnout in Detroit was hampered by a series of mistakes that may have led to Trump's narrow victory in Michigan. We need a City Clerk in Detroit with the experience and vision to fight for voting rights if we're going to beat Trump in 2020. That candidate is Garlin Gilchrist. Will you join me and DFA members from across America to chip in $3 or more to help elect Garlin Gilchrist as Detroit City Clerk? Thank you! -- Eden James, Political Director, Democracy for America

Amy --

What if I told you that the Detroit City Clerk's election on August 8, 2017, could decide who wins the 2020 presidential election?

I'm not kidding. Donald Trump shocked the world on November 8 when he won states like Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan -- and Trump could do it again in Michigan on November 3, 2020, if progressives don't prioritize an important local election in Detroit that few people are paying attention to right now.

Donald Trump won the state of Michigan by only 10,704 votes -- in part because voter turnout in Detroit was severely hampered by untrained poll workers, outdated equipment, and massive lines. Instead of replacing voting machines that were over a decade old, Detroit's current City Clerk certified their use.

On Election Day last November, half of Detroit's precincts experienced malfunctions resulting in the disenfranchisement of many of Detroit's 700,000 residents and making it easier for Trump to narrowly win in an important swing state.

All over the country, local voting officials up and down the ballot play a crucial but often underreported role in ensuring the basic functioning of our democracy. As Donald Trump's occupancy of the Oval Office demonstrates, voter turnout, ballot access, and voter suppression in our elections have serious consequences.

That's just one big reason why Democracy for America members are getting behind Garlin Gilchrist as the next city clerk of Detroit today.

Will you chip in $3 or more now to support Garlin Gilchrist in his critical race for City Clerk in Detroit?

Garlin Gilchrist has centered his career around empowering communities to become active participants in their local, state, and federal governments.

In 2012, Garlin led MoveOn's election mobilization program, Voters Rising -- empowering tens of thousands of volunteers to fight voter suppression by turning out millions of new voters around the country. As Detroit's Innovation and Emerging Technology Director, Garlin helped design Improve Detroit -- an app that makes it easier for residents to directly connect with their government officials to report issues in their community.

Garlin knows the power that local elected officials hold over the lives of residents. He's used his technical savvy and organizing know-how to improve the experiences of Detroiters with their local government and ensure residents have a say in the systems that directly impact their day-to-day lives.

This is exactly the type of leadership and out-of-the-box thinking Detroit needs in its next City Clerk.

Please chip in $3 or more now to support Garlin Gilchrist in his critical race for City Clerk in Detroit -- he needs you now.

Thank you for supporting Garlin Gilchrist for Detroit City Clerk and helping ensure all Americans have access to free and fair elections.

-Brie

Brieanna Fisher, Social Media Manager
Democracy for America

o.gif

DONATE
Paid for by Democracy for America, http://www.democracyforamerica.com and not authorized by any candidate. Contributions to Democracy for America are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.

RgRa50l7PkEIAGx4KoEwnFJXBHdhd2RYBAAAAFVCCgAB-xUGWRCrPQ1SEGFpbXN1c2llQGFvbC5jb20JUQQAAAAARzt7ImFraWQiOiJ1bnN1Yi1kZmEtOTE4MS0zNzEwMzYwLjM4WlduV3hAZmJsLmFjdGlvbmtpdC5jb20ifQ~~

I wanted to follow up on this particular race, so I did a Google search, and found this:

A true Detroit comeback story

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/michigan-adopts-strictest-lead-water-rules-united-states/

Michigan Governor Rick Snyder, who has been criticized for his slow response in the crisis, said state officials decided to exceed federal standards in plans to lower the state’s requirement for lead concentration levels in water.

“As a state, we could no longer afford to wait on needed changes at the federal level, so Michigan has stepped up to give our residents a smarter, safer rule – one that better safeguards water systems in all communities,” he said in the statement.

Well, you know what they say about broken clocks being right twice a day...