May Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The library is not open to the public except if you make an appointment to use a computer. They have been doing curbside pickups if you go online and reserve items. They email you when they are available and you drive up to the door, call them, and they bring out your items and put them on a cart. You wait for them to get back inside, then get out of the car and pick them up.

That sounds reasonable. Our libraries still have the drop off box open but are not requiring people to return books on time for now. Also, all holds and stuff waiting to be picked up remain as holds and waiting to be picked up till the library gets back to business as usual.

Reactions: Val
That sounds reasonable. Our libraries still have the drop off box open but are not requiring people to return books on time for now. Also, all holds and stuff waiting to be picked up remain as holds and waiting to be picked up till the library gets back to business as usual.

I am really happy the Volusia County library system has this pick up policy! I don't know when they will be open "normally".

Reactions: Val
I broke some kind of personal record in RunKeeper today and they sent me an email. They included an invitation to join the Make Room For Movement Challenge. I don't know if you win anything by completing the challenge but I love this kind of stuff. * Anyway in the process of joining the challenge I learned that Asics Studio workouts sync with Runkeeper and will count towards the challenge, and "Asics has opened access to the Asics Studio at-home workout app to anyone free of charge as part of its response to COVID-19."
Asics studio normally costs $10/mo.

There are no video workouts but you can download the audio (but not the accompanying music) to the app. I'm looking forward to taking some workouts to the park to do. I can supply my own music.

Back in the day, I was very proud of all my little virtual trophies I got in AOL's Nike+ forum.

Today, I walked about 5 miles, lifted weights, did some planks and some other random exercises. It feels incredible to be getting in better shape.

Also, it has been exactly 2 months since I last had any alcohol. Nothing wrong with that. I think I'm better off without it.

The taste of some alcoholic beverages can be good, but there are so many alcohol-free drinks that are also tasty - Ziegler's cider (I walk to a distant grocery store just to buy this stuff), all kinds of fresh fruit juices, gourmet sodas, even regular sodas. And home-made options! I need to start making lemonade, and juicing fruits.

I've fallen a bit behind on the Pahla B videos, but I did day 12 today, and it was cardio/yoga. Let's just say I need a little work on my balance. :D I didn't do too badly, but I can see lots of room for improvement. :D I then did a 3.5 mile walk to my library and back. I added 3/10 of a mile by going a slightly different way.

I’m not finding the time to go walking. It’s too cold early mornings and that is my best time to do it. But I’m managing 8000-9000 steps regardless because of all the work I’m doing around the house. So at least I’m not stagnating and veg-ing out on the couch which I tend to do. I’m just so grateful to be in my own home instead of the apartment.

I continue to take short (1.5 miles) walks around the neighborhood in the evening. Going back to work will change my habits as when I am on my feet 5 hours, I don't feel like walking. It will take some time to get back into a work routine. If I work in the mornings then I can walk later in the afternoon or evening. I do not know if my schedule will change. This week the 2 days of cashiering which is 5 hours on my feet will be challenging after 6 weeks!

We just walked another mile and a half. So that puts us at about 10 miles of walking for today. I feel great.

I noticed some sciatica-ish issues flaring up again. Hopefully, it will resolve as I get more fit. I think that's possible.

It's going to be a nice day, so I will get out for a walk in a bit. I like to wait until the warmest part of the day, as we're still experiencing colder-than-normal weather for this time of year. I will do a Pahla B video as well.

ETA: I did day 13 of Pahla B, and it was weights and cardio. I liked this one a lot. Lots of squats and lunges, which I love. Then I walked 3.2 miles, and it was gorgeous out again, but it's still too windy for my liking. I almost lost my baseball hat. :D I wanted to walk more, but my legs felt a little tired, so I kept it close to 3.

Last edited:
I didn't work out as much today. My body seemed to be in recovery mode after yesterday. I also completely ran out of socks. Yeah..... I put off doing laundry for a few days and wore holes in the last pair. I'm alone. No one can smell me. So who cares. But without socks, I started to get blisters. So I'm waiting for my socks to dry, and I did more weight lifting. I guess laundry counts as exercise too.

Also, my diet today was 100% vegan. I'm making progress.

I just went for a half hour walk. I am still not feeling 100%. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon. The cough has gone, finally!

I did day 13 of Pahla B, and it was weights and cardio. I liked this one a lot. Lots of squats and lunges, which I love.

I was thinking yesterday how much I hate lunges. :laughing:

I just went for a half hour walk. I am still not feeling 100%. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon. The cough has gone, finally!

I was thinking yesterday how much I hate lunges. :laughing:
I don't know why I love them so much, lol. I do love most leg work. I'm not as fond of upper body work, but I have been doing it -- begrudgingly. :D

Today, I did a 3.7-mile walk. I'm in one of those app (Map My Walk) challenges, walk 30 miles in 30 days. I'm shooting for 60. It runs until June 4.

We just walked another mile and a half. So that puts us at about 10 miles of walking for today. I feel great.

I noticed some sciatica-ish issues flaring up again. Hopefully, it will resolve as I get more fit. I think that's possible.
Menopause cured my sciatica problems :up:
It's been sunny, but still chill and so much wind! I haven't done much walking--although the mask does help.....
I need to check out some videos myself, just been doing my own thing, which is not that much

Status
Not open for further replies.