Rory17

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Hello 👋,
Please note, I’m looking for vintage (or at least extra mature), not just cheddar-style vegan cheeses.
Thank you 😊.

The best I have found so far is Swiss "Vegusto No-Moo" cheese, specifically the "Piquant/Strong taste" version.
Although I would not liken it so much to a Mature Cheddar, but maybe a Ripe Appenzell or Gruyere.

Where do you live? It is easily available in Europe, and I have also bought it in Australia. Don't know whether it is available in the US.

The best non dairy cheddar style cheese that I've tasted is Tesco's Free From. I have never found a non dairy version to be anything even similar to the real thing. :unamused:

I absolutely loathe Vegusto No Moo and had to bin it.

Sorry to hear that, @shyvas .
May I ask what specifically you did not like about the No-Moo, if there is a thing you can mention?
Regarding the "Piquant" variety, my personal guess so far was that as it is heavy on garlic, anybody who is not a fan of garlic might not like it. My only point of critique is that it is quite crumbly.

Sorry to hear that, @shyvas .
May I ask what specifically you did not like about the No-Moo, if there is a thing you can mention?
Regarding the "Piquant" variety, my personal guess so far was that as it is heavy on garlic, anybody who is not a fan of garlic might not like it. My only point of critique is that it is quite crumbly.

It just tasted vile and similar to Go Veggie cheese.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15