Rory17

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Hello 👋,
Please note, I’m looking for vintage (or at least extra mature), not just cheddar-style vegan cheeses.
Thank you 😊.

Andy_T

Little green mod
Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
The best I have found so far is Swiss "Vegusto No-Moo" cheese, specifically the "Piquant/Strong taste" version.
Although I would not liken it so much to a Mature Cheddar, but maybe a Ripe Appenzell or Gruyere.

Where do you live? It is easily available in Europe, and I have also bought it in Australia. Don't know whether it is available in the US.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
The best non dairy cheddar style cheese that I've tasted is Tesco's Free From. I have never found a non dairy version to be anything even similar to the real thing. :unamused:

I absolutely loathe Vegusto No Moo and had to bin it.

Andy_T

Little green mod
Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Sorry to hear that, @shyvas .
May I ask what specifically you did not like about the No-Moo, if there is a thing you can mention?
Regarding the "Piquant" variety, my personal guess so far was that as it is heavy on garlic, anybody who is not a fan of garlic might not like it. My only point of critique is that it is quite crumbly.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Sorry to hear that, @shyvas .
May I ask what specifically you did not like about the No-Moo, if there is a thing you can mention?
Regarding the "Piquant" variety, my personal guess so far was that as it is heavy on garlic, anybody who is not a fan of garlic might not like it. My only point of critique is that it is quite crumbly.

It just tasted vile and similar to Go Veggie cheese.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15