News Livekindly News out today

Emma JC

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I am starting a new thread for this as it was started before the News prefix was available.

Emma JC

Meet The 'VEGAN MAFIA

Meet the 'Vegan Mafia.' Who are they?

They are a group of powerful vegan investors, entrepreneurs and venture capitalists who are investing in a sustainable future.

and in today's news....
Emma JC

Snoop Dogg Loves VEGAN SAUSAGE

This week's vegan news: Snoop Dogg serves vegan sausage breakfast sandwiches at Dunkin'.

The US Senate has made animal cruelty a federal felony.

The Queen goes fur-free. IKEA UK launched a new vegan food campaign in honor of “National Vegan Month.”

Seoul, South Korea’s last three dog meat shops will no longer slaughter dogs on-site for their meat.

British supermarket chain Morrisons introduced a 12-inch vegan sausage roll.

Wendy's restaurants in Canada secretly launched a burger made with a vegan meat patty. “Downton Abbey” star Lesley Nicol is an animal-loving vegan.

I love the fact that so many of these headlines and foods use the word "vegan". Not plant-based, not vegetarian, not "fake".
It wasn't so long ago that almost no one used the word "vegan". It seems like in the last year vegan has stopped being a dirty word (as an adjective for food) and is now a Good Thing.
Go Vegan!

today's video is about
How BIG MEAT and DAIRY Fooled You (With Lies and Propaganda)

From the early 20th century to as late as the 1980s, educational film reels were shown in classrooms, universities, libraries, clubs, and organizations. In terms of food, these films solidified animal products in the “ideal” American diet.

Even into the 1990s, campaigns such as the California Milk Advisory Board’s “Got Milk?” validated drinking dairy. The ads were a pop culture sensation, with posters featuring 90s icons such as Britney Spears, The Backstreet Boys, and Jonathan Taylor Thomas.

These ads influenced animal product consumption: 1954’s “Eat For Health” stars a boy named Ralph.

The video explains the five essential food groups: fruit, vegetables, meat & eggs, milk & cheese, and bread & butter. 1946’s “Meats With Approval” highlights the role of the meat inspector after a child falls ill from contaminated meat. The narrator assures the viewer: “Your government goes to great lengths to see that the meat we eat is good and pure.

The 1990s “Got Milk?” ads features famous actors, athletes, and cartoons sporting a milk moustache, the endorsement of milk is ubiquitous during this time.

1964’s “This Is Hormel” features children getting a tour of a meat production facility. The video celebrates automation, desensitizes the viewer to animal exploitation, and promotes Hormel products simultaneously.

1942’s “Home On The Range” establishes meat as the primary fuel source for soldiers. Once the war was over, Americans had an appetite for eating more food as a symbol of the country’s power.

1948’s “The Chicken Of Tomorrow” calls for mid-century scientists to breed larger chickens for bigger profits.

1957’s “This Is The Dairy Industry” showcases how dairy enriches American middle-class life, as the video pushes for workers to join the industry.

Emma JC

more good news today...

This week's vegan news: The Netherlands is considering a tax on animal slaughter.

Galaxy have launched vegan milk chocolate bars in the UK. America's largest milk producer files for bankruptcy.

Quiznos is trialling vegan corned beef.

Kanye West is launching vegan Yeezy shoes made partially from algae.

Ellen invests in Miyoko's Creamery.

Ben & Jerry's is being sued for it's claim of 'Happy Cows'. Morrisons UK is launching a vegan pork pie.

Greggs CEO has turned vegan after watching The Game Changers.

this one was from a couple of days ago.... oops sorry, it is Thanksgiving related

Emma JC

Kevin Smith WILL NEVER Eat Turkey Again

Spread some compassion this Thanksgiving by keeping the turkey off your plate.

Special thanks to Farm Sanctuary for the video. Adopt a Turkey - http://bit.ly/35D8uU1

Filmmaker Kevin Smith went vegan after suffering a major heart attack in 2018. His daughter Harley Quinn Smith, an animal rights activist, convinced him to try veganism to get his health back on track.

Now, they are both compassionate spokespeople for animals. Happy ThanksLIVING, from LIVEKINDLY.

Reactions: Hog and kelli
and today's news....

JOE ROGAN’S Vegan Epiphany?!

This week’s vegan news: Oatly launches a new billboard campaign that reads: “Go ahead, eat like a vegan.”

Joe Rogan hosts Louie Psihoyos, director of “The Game Changers,” on his podcast and explains how he hates factory farming.

RZA also makes an appearance on Rogan’s podcast, and the rapper reveals that he is vegan for the animals.

Popular yogurt brand Chobani is launching a range of oat milk, oat milk creamers, and oat yogurts.

Barclay’s projects that the vegan meat market could soon be worth $140 billion dollars.

ITV will air a BOSH! vegan cooking show in the new year.

Chris Kerr, CEO of vegan fish brand Good Catch Foods, thinks that we can all make a difference with our food choices.

NYC and LA city councils urge citizens to boycott large companies that have contributed to the Amazon forest fires.

Lunchables creator Dr. Rody Hawkins has turned to vegan chicken.

KD New York has developed vegan cashmere made from beans.

Dumb question (maybe). I keep seeing Joe Rogan's name mentioned in the LiveKindly News. Who exactly is he?

Reactions: TofuRobot
I googled him, bc i didnt know who he was either. Hes a stand up comedian.

He's a stand up comedian that used to challenge establishment views such as the moon landings and NASA and as such earned some respect among those who question these views based on evidence. Then he did a complete 180, started/made his youtube channel into a talk/celebrity host show complete with high profile persons and celebrities coming on it and basically retracted his views and started shilling for NASA, the meat industry and any other big business/establishment that pays him/provides kickbacks so that he can attempt to manipulate the public opinion of sheep who adore him because of his newfound semi-celebrity status and youtube subscriber base that materialized out of no where.

Joe Rogan is only an opinion maker for the already biased, unthinking masses that might feel insecure about holding an opinion that doesn't include them in majority status or might challenge them out of the world view that is pressed on to them by mass media and advertising.

I don't think Vegans should give him nearly the time that they do. Rogan is so compromised that him turning Vegan won't be a win for Veganism, because you have to know he'll screw it up just to vomit all over it and this will all be carefully planned to discredit it and keep people continuing to eat meat, dairy and eggs.

and on today's news...

KFC trials vegan popcorn chicken and a vegan fried chicken sandwich in Canada.

A&W Canada launches plant-based nuggets.

Two Mexican entrepreneurs just created leather out of cactus leaves.

Wu Tang Clan frontman RZA releases a vegan puffer jacket in a 36 Chambers and Embassy of Bricks and Logs collaboration.

New York City opens the nation's first "Office of Animal Welfare." Mayor De Blasio has signed the bill on banning foie gras.

J.W. Mitchell High School in Florida is using the world's first synthetic frogs to replace frogs in dissection.

Former chicken farmer Mike Weaver is now growing hemp instead.

Target Australia and K-Mart are dropping mulesed wool due to animal welfare concerns.

The film "Joker" has exploded in popularity, and Phoenix is using his platform for animal activism.

Reactions: Hog and Lou
I still have mixed feelings about all this Vegan Fast Food. It's good news for the animals. but I think bad news for vegan health.
Look! Now vegans can be almost as sick as non-vegans! Yea!

My profile quote used to be something like I'm not vegan for my health, but for the health of the chickens.
I think that would be a good caption under a picture of me eating a bucket of vegan KFC.

Btw, before I was vegan, and still working, there was a KFC a block from my house. It was cheap, convenient, at the time I thought it was delicious. I probably ate there once a week. TG, they closed up years ago. Otherwise, I would probably be their best vegan chicken customer.

The frog dissection headline reminded me of a column that Dave Barry wrote years ago. (Sheesh I can't remember my own phone number but I can remember a 20-year-old joke.) I thought I would provide a link to it. Unfortunately, I can't find it. It's extra hard because Barry has a line that is a popular quote. " Explaining humor is a lot like dissecting a frog, you learn a lot in the process, but in the end you kill it." Also, he seems to write about frogs a lot.

But anyway in the column I can't find it goes on (in a humorous way) about how pointless frog dissection is. Which I totally agreed with. There are interactive computer programs that simulate frog dissection - that don't make you gag on formaldehyde. But I bet nowadays they don't use formaldehyde anymore. THAT stuff is noxious. Although HS science teachers will probably dip the synthetic frogs in formaldehyde just for realism. ;)

I haven't gotten to the end of the video yet, but I don't think they mentioned that Phoenix just got PETA's Man of the Year Award. Hey! Do they have a woman of the year award? who won? Oh. sorry. just checked and the official award is "Person of the Year".

I already heard about the cactus leaves. but did you know about apple peels? Vegan leather can now be made from mushrooms, plastic, bananas, cork, cactus, and coconuts.

Reactions: Hog and Emma JC
we have the Tuesday News from livekindly... it's dairy news

Emma JC

The Dairy Industry Is DEAD
The dairy industry is on the decline. Milk sales dropped more than $1 billion last year, and consumption is at an all-time low. Even America’s largest milk producer Dean Foods has filed for bankruptcy.

Why are people ditching dairy? RethinkX, an independent think tank chalks it up to increased technological innovation. There are also health factors as dairy consumption has been linked to certain forms of cancer. Animal welfare is also a concern, as mother cows are torn from their calves at birth in order to produce milk for humans.

There is also the environmental piece. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has given humans 12 years to prevent catastrophic, irreversible damage to our climate. According to the World Wildlife Fund, dairy is a large contributor as there is a large ecological price to pay for raising livestock, and cow manure produces greenhouse gas emissions. 

With more options for vegan milk than ever - milk made from flax, hemp, coconut, almond, hazelnuts, cashews, and more - the dairy alternatives industry is on the rise.

Do you have a favorite plant-based milk?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hog and TofuRobot
This is cool. Instead of doing a hodgepodge of semi-unrelated miscellaneous news stories, this is like a thematic approach.

I wonder if it represents a sea change.
Especially since they are doing more than one story a day they might be able to do a theme once a week.

Reactions: Emma JC
This is cool. Instead of doing a hodgepodge of semi-unrelated miscellaneous news stories, this is like a thematic approach.

I wonder if it represents a sea change.
Especially since they are doing more than one story a day they might be able to do a theme once a week.

They do this every week - Friday is multinews day and Tuesdays are mononews day. 🤓

Here is one that I missed from December 5th....

Emma JC

Why This Farmer STOPPED Killing CHICKENS
Mike Weaver stopped killing chickens, and is now growing industrial hemp instead. He is part of Mercy For Animal's Transfarmation Project, an initiative that helps farmers transition from animal husbandry to growing sustainable crops for plant-based products.

Reactions: Hog and TofuRobot
They do this every week - Friday is multinews day and Tuesdays are mononews day. 🤓

Here is one that I missed from December 5th....

Emma JC

Why This Farmer STOPPED Killing CHICKENS
Mike Weaver stopped killing chickens, and is now growing industrial hemp instead. He is part of Mercy For Animal's Transfarmation Project, an initiative that helps farmers transition from animal husbandry to growing sustainable crops for plant-based products.

Oh. gosh. well, at least I noticed.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
and today is Friday so it is multi-news day.... Emma JC

ROCKY STAR Dolph Lundgren Is VEGAN

This week's vegan news:

"Rocky" star Dolph Lundgren goes vegan, inspired by his "The Expendables" co-star Arnold Schwarzenegger and 2019's "The Game Changers."

"Daily Show" correspondent Roy Wood Jr. is on a mission to uncover the future of meat.

Canada just shut down 3 major slaughterhouses in Toronto due to an e. Coli outbreak.

New Jersey has banned the import of shark fins.

Las Vegas restaurant Tacotarian serves the largest vegan taco in the world.

Volkswagen unveils the new Space Vizzion concept, an electric car with vegan leather interiors.

A recent survey revealed that 60% of Scottish dairy farmers think the industry is suffering.

Stella McCartney and Adidas have launched a second pair of vegan Stan Smith sneakers.

James Wilks, star of "The Game Changers" recently appeared on the Joe Rogan podcast to refute criticisms of the film.

Reactions: Hog
It's Tuesday livekindly news day...

Emma JC

TOP 21 HEARTWARMING Movies For ANIMAL LOVERS

Annabelle's Wish (1997) is a Christmas story of friendship between a talking cow and her owner Billy.

Disney classic Bambi (1942) reveals the bleak reality of hunting animals for sport.

Happy Feet (2006) tells the story of a dancing penguin named Mumble, and it showcases humanity's impact on wildlife.

101 Dalmatians (1961) is an animated classic that empathizes with animals that are killed for their fur.

Ferdinand (2017) features a bull of the same name who does not want to participate in bullfighting.

Stop-motion classic Chicken Run (2000) tells the story of egg-laying chickens as they plan their escape from the farm.

Babe (1995) is a drama about an orphaned piglet who gets taken in by a farmer, played by now-vegan actor James Cromwell.

FernGully: The Last Rainforest (1992) sheds light on the need to protect the rainforest.

The Fox and the Hound (1981) tells the story of an unlikely friendship between a hunting dog named Copper and a fox named Tod.

Fly Away Home (1996) features a young Anna Paquin, whose character Amy becomes a mother figure to young goslings.

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (2002) is about the capture and eventual freedom of a wild horse named Spirit.

The Lorax (2012), based on the famous Dr Seuss book, teaches the importance of respecting nature above all.

Marmaduke (2010) follows the story of a dog who must navigate the divide between pedigree dogs and other dogs.

Frozen 2 (2019) marks the return of Anna and Elsa as they must fix the environmental destruction of older generations.

Charlotte's Web (1973) is an animated classic about a pig named Wilbur who is saved from slaughter thanks to his spider friend Charlotte.

Live action movie Black Beauty (1994) calls attention to the abuse suffered by carriage horses, and even incited demand for new legislation.

Rio (2011) reveals the cruel smuggling trade of tropical birds.

Brother Bear (2003) allows its main character Kenai to become empathetic to all animals.

Finding Nemo (2003) sheds light on fish being captured for aquariums. This film also debuted the famous line: "Fish are friends, not food."

Legendary animator Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away (2001) has many environmental undertones.

The 2019 remake of Dumbo reveals the cruelty to animals that occurs in the circus, and ends with a return to the wild.

LIVEKINDLY is your home for informative, thought-provoking content FOR HUMANITY, OUR HOME, AND THOSE WHO SHARE IT WITH US. Featuring new plant-based videos every Tuesday and a weekly vegan news recap every Friday.