News Livekindly News out today

I'm tempted to call the Headline misleading but there is a good chance that I am just stupid.

Anyway, the gist of the article is not that you can save money by overeating. but more along the lines of the more special vegan products that vegans buy - the lower the prices will become. Really basic economics and not something we really need to be reminded of but there is no harm in going over it again.

An increase in demand leads to an increase in competition which leads to lower prices. And something we all have been reading about thanks to Just Eggs, and increase in scale lowers also can lower prices.

It also mentions that it's not vegans that are driving the increase in demand but flexitarians or just regular people who just want to be healthier or more environmentally friendly. I guess we are still the only ones who give a **** about the cows, pigs, and chickens.

So, vegans, it is not your patriotic vegan duty to go out and buy as much of these products as you can. We can just sit back and watch everyone else do it. although if asked in the grocery store we can give directions to the tofu. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC
it's FriYay! news day

Emma JC

Mercedes is Vegan?

This week's vegan news:

Mercedes-Benz could ditch all leather thanks to vegan Mercedes team F1 driver Lewis Hamilton.

Vegan climate activist Greta Thunberg is named TIME's 2019 Person of the Year.

McDonald's UK just launched its first fully vegan happy meal featuring Veggie Dippers.

Vegan actor Rooney Mara went undercover to investigate factory farm conditions in England.

She starred in an Animal Equality short documentary called "With My Own Eyes."

Furniture giant IKEA is investing $220 million toward becoming more "climate positive."

Avon Products, Inc. will no longer conduct regulatory-required cosmetic animal testing in every country, including China.

Billionaire hedge fund manager Christopher Hohn has warned companies that are not doing their part to address climate change.

Unilever’s new €85M Innovation Centre will focus on developing vegan food.

from last Tuesday....

Emma JC

Top 20 VEGAN FRIENDLY Cities You Need To VISIT IN 2020

These 20 cities around the world are full of vegan and vegan-friendly restaurants to explore. Grab a friend, pack your bags, and taste the world's cuisine one vegan-friendly city at a time.

Reactions: Hog and Lou
and from today.... hope you all had a good holiday Emma JC

Greggs Is VEGAN AF

Greggs launche
s vegan steak bakes, donuts, and soup.

Nestlé drops dairy ice cream.

Taco Bell launches vegan omnipork tacos in China.

New Zealand will now make all major policy changes with climate change in mind.

California-based food tech brand JUST can now produce enough protein for 1.5 million vegan eggs in just six days at its new factory.

Cultured fish maw will be available in China by 2022.

According to researchers, computerized hearts are 20 percent more effective than testing on animals.

Two dairy farms go out of business per day in Wisconsin.

Senator Cory Booker is on a mission to shut down factory farming in the U.S.

today's Livekindly video... Happy Healthy Joyful Cruelty Free Environmentally Friendly New Years to all! Emma JC

6 New Year's Resolutions For Your Kindest Year Yet

it's Friday again, wow, this year is already in its third day.... Emma JC

PIZZA HUT'S New VEGAN PEPPERONI | Vegan News

This week’s vegan news:

KFC has launched a vegan chicken sandwich in all 900 locations in the UK.

Pizza Hut UK has launched a vegan pepperoni pizza for Veganuary.

Bloomberg cafeterias have upped their vegan options.

Amsterdam now has its first vegan cheese shop. 

Starbucks has upped its vegan game for 2020. Bondi Beach now has a 100% vegan gnocchi bar called Peppe’s.

New York has banned the sale of giraffe body parts, a practice that has contributed to the decline in the species. 

UK gets all the good stuff.
:(

I know, right? not that I really want access to more junk/processed food as I am pretty good at eating mostly at home but it still would be nice to have the option and at least to see others eating it more and the animal equivalent less.

Come on you big companies.... bring it here too!

Emma JC

I know, right? not that I really want access to more junk/processed food as I am pretty good at eating mostly at home but it still would be nice to have the option and at least to see others eating it more and the animal equivalent less.

Come on you big companies.... bring it here too!

Emma JC

You know I think Canada has even more vegan fast food options than the US.

it's FriYay
Emma JC

The GOLDEN GLOBES Go VEGAN?!

This week’s vegan news:

The Golden Globes go vegan, serving a fully vegan menu at the 77th awards ceremony.

Vegan actor Joaquin Phoenix thanks the Hollywood Foreign Press for making the connection between climate change and animal agriculture.

Vegan musician Moby credits Phoenix as the reason for the ceremony’s menu shift.

Brad Pitt is “all for the vegan thing.” Impossible Foods debuts its Impossible Pork and Impossible Sausage. The latter will be launched exclusively at Burger King.

Papa John’s UK introduces 4 new vegan pizzas.

Google’s new AI platform Wildlife Insights will aid in the conservation of wildlife.

Vegan football club Forest Green Rovers will build the world’s first all-wooden stadium.

Subway UK is now offering vegan meatball marinara subs after a successful trial period.

Subway Canada introduces a vegan meatball sub made with Beyond Meat. TV personality Martha Stewart partnered with the chain to announce the launch.

Meat Loaf says he would "do anything" for the planet. Even ditching meat once a week.

Did you tune into the Golden Globes? What did you think of the Hollywood Foreign Press' decision to adopt a vegan menu?

Reactions: Hog
Canada this, UK that. I'm beginning to feel that the US is second rate.
I want Vegan Subways and Pizzas too!

:cool:

this is a particularily disturbing video... Emma JC

Doublespeak is language that obscures the meaning of words, in an effort to make the truth sound more agreeable. The term is inspired by George Orwell’s 1949 dystopian novel 1984, and since then, doublespeak has found its way into marketing efforts - particularly in the animal agriculture industry.

The meat industry uses doublespeak by using terms such as “humane” when referring to slaughter. The dairy industry uses flowery language like “caring dairy” and imagery of cows in green pastures in their advertisements. This stands in stark contrast to the reality of factory farmed milk, and the abuse that has been revealed at operations like Fairlife. Eggs are marketed with newspeak, too.

“Cage-Free” eggs makes it sound like the birds have total freedom, when most are still in overcrowded factory farm conditions.

The fishing industry uses terms like “dolphin safe” tuna, and Marine Stewardship Council (or MSC) certified environmentally-friendly fish when these terms are incredibly difficult to regulate. Due to bycatch and overfishing, neither of those promises hold any merit.

hey @Lou - some US products for you.... as requested

Emma JC

This week's vegan news:

Steve Irwin's family rescues thousands of animals from the Australian bushfires. Patient number 90,000, Ollie the platypus, was rescued from the fires and is currently in their care.

Colgate launches two certified-vegan and cruelty-free toothpastes.

After the successful launch of the vegan steak bake and the vegan sausage roll, Greggs is now looking to launch vegan chicken.

Fresh off his Golden Globe win, Joaquin Phoenix was arrested at Jane Fonda's "Fire Drill Friday" climate protest on Capitol hill. Phoenix called attention to meat and dairy as some of the leading causes of climate change.

Domino's pizza is trialling vegan beef sausage and crumbles in the US.

Aldi launches its own-brand version of vegan Magnum ice cream bars.

L.A. may soon implement laws that will require new Uber and Lyft drivers to operate electric vehicles.

Hooters introduces meatless wings at all 318 US locations.

I've never been to a Hooters. There is one on the way home from one of my favorite hiking trails (about 20 minutes away).
Vegan chicken wings = good excuse to go to Hooters
(it has nothing to do with boobs)

I have a Dominoes close by too. I'll stop by and see when they will get the vegan toppings. but that is really no big deal. When I do get a pizza from a store I just get the Veggie without the cheese.

BTW I have been reminded of a good joke.

Two guys grow up together but after college one moves to NY other to California. Every ten years they agree to meet in Chicago and play golf. They finish their round at age 30 and go to lunch.
“Where you wanna go?”
“Hooters.”
“Why?”
“Well, you know, they got the broads, with the big racks, and the tight shorts. The legs…”
“OK.”

Ten years later at 40, they play.
“Where you wanna go?”
“Hooters.”
“Why?”
“Well, you know, they got cold beer and the big screen TVs and everybody has a little action on the games.”
“OK.”

Ten years later at 50,
“Where you wanna go?”
“Hooters.”
“Why?”
“The food is good and there is plenty of parking.”
”OK.”

At 60,
“Where you wanna go?”
“Hooters.”
“Why?”
“Wings are half price.”
“OK”

At 70,
“Where you wanna go?”
“Hooters.”
“Why?”
“They have 6 handicapped spaces right by the door.”
“OK.”

At 80,
"Where do you wanna go?"
"Hooters."
"Why?"
"We've never been there before and I would like to try something new."

• Haha
Tues News

Meghan Markle Gives MEAT the Royal Snub

Meghan Markle is a proud flexitarian - someone who follows a mostly plant-based diet but occasionally eats meat and dairy. She told Best Health in 2016: “I try to eat vegan during the week and then have a little bit more flexibility with what I dig into on the weekends. But at the same time, it’s all about balance.”

While Meghan and Prince Harry may have stepped away from their royal duties, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex still hold great influence. From Meghan's vegan wedding reception dress to her affinity for vegan cheese, here are 5 reasons why Meghan Markle's flexitarianism matters.

#MeghanMarkle #PrinceHarry #PlantBased