News Livekindly News out today

wow, that is an amazing selection - @Lou is going to more jealous of the UK than ever!

Emma JC
Lou isn't alone! I've been jelly of the UK for years. They have so much innovation and support for veganism.
I have it good, especially for the south as I live in a metro area, but we (I think) have 4 genuine vegan restaurants as well as a handful of popups. Veganism is considered niche nonsense by most whereas Brits understand it's a lifestyle and not just for soft-hearted hippies.

@ More Greens - I flunked out of hippie school. So I am just a redneck.

I like that there are no vegan restaurants around where I live. I just tell my wife, "Sorry, Honey. I can't take you out to a romantic dinner. We got to protect the animals and stay vegan." 😉

@ More Greens - I flunked out of hippie school. So I am just a redneck.

I like that there are no vegan restaurants around where I live. I just tell my wife, "Sorry, Honey. I can't take you out to a romantic dinner. We got to protect the animals and stay vegan." 😉
Ha! Well, I hope that as a self-proclaimed redneck you embrace the name as the compliment it should be rather than the slur it became via mining companies. The Battle of Blair Mountain gets crickets in schools, but wearing a red bandana united people of all genders, colors and socioeconomic backgrounds. It's a shame that 1920s coal propaganda still taints something that should've been a positive symbol for workers' rights and American unity. Ahem, yes, my father was a union man.

(Also, congrats on keeping the wife at home, if you let her out she might start thinking and dreaming and awful things like that! ;):laughing:)

Reactions: Hog
wow, that is an amazing selection - @Lou is going to more jealous of the UK than ever!

Emma JC

She should be dead jealous as the UK has so many new vega products in the supermarkets.:D Moreover, the large cities have quite a lot of vegan eateries and many restaurants will have vegan options. I often visit Brighton and really enjoy all the food that I can buy in shops and eat in everyday restaurants.

Reactions: Emma JC
Friday once again....

Emma JC

IRON MAN Is VEGAN Now

This week’s vegan news:

Robert Downey Jr., known for his role in “Iron Man” is going vegan. He made the announcement on the red carpet for his new film “Dolittle.”

Vegan actor Joaquin Phoenix wins best actor at the SAG awards, then heads straight to a pig vigil in his Stella McCartney tuxedo.

Environmentalist George Monbiot presents Channel 4’s new climate change documentary “Apocalypse Cow.”

Helicopters drop more than 22,000 kilos of veggies for wildlife stranded by the Australian bushfires.

Primary schoolers in Leeds will eat vegan and vegetarian food twice a week.

Ordering a vegan latte at Pret A Manger no longer comes with a surcharge.

Being an ethical vegan should come with the same protection granted to religions, says a British court.

American bakery-cafe chain Panera Bread is removing meat from half of its menu to make way for additional vegan options.

Snoop Dogg stars in Dunkin’s new national television commercial featuring the beyond meat breakfast sausage sandwich.

• Love
Reactions: Hog and TofuRobot
These 11 hip hop icons are vegan. The hip hop genre has always addressed major political and social issues. So if there’s one music genre where veganism -- a movement about animal rights, but one that also advocates for health and human rights too. From the Wu-tang Clan being 80% vegan to Mýa’s vegan diet and activism, hip hop is a platform that can influence social change.

1. RZA - frontman of the Wu-tang Clan, RZA has been vegan since the 90s.
2. Masta Killa - Don’t let the name fool you, Masta Killa is a compassionate vegetarian turned vegan who has raised his son to be kind to animals.
3. GZA - the “Genius” of the Wu-tang Clan, GZA has influenced many members of the group to adopt a vegan diet.
4. Killah Priest - Influenced by GZA, this Wu-tang member has been vegan since 2017.
5. MC Lyte - Considered a pioneer of feminism in hip hop, MC Lyte is an advocate for the vegan lifestyle.
6. Erykah Badu - Singer-songwriter Erykah Badu’s music is influenced by R&B and soul, but also hip-hop. She stopped eating meat in the late 1980s and went vegan in 1997.
7. Jermaine Dupri - Grammy award-winning music producer, rapper, and DJ Jermaine Dupri has been vegan for over a decade.
8. Will.I.Am - Frontman of the Black Eyed Peas, Will.I.Am first went vegan for health reasons. Now, he is an advocate for the lifestyle and has even rapped about it in “Vibrations Part 1 Part 2.”
9. A$AP Rocky became a pescatarian in 2011 and later ditched fish, too. He announced a switch to veganism in his 2019 track “Babushka Boi”
10. Styles P - American rapper and former member of hip-hop group The Lox, Styles P is a passionate vegan for health and ethical reasons.
11. Mýa - Grammy-award winning singer-songwriter Mya has had R&B and pop hits. She is passionate about veganism and has even created a free starter guide for new vegans.

Reactions: Hog and TofuRobot
Friday news day

Emma JC

This week’s vegan news:

Virgin Group founder Richard Branson is excited about the future of cultured meat. He is an investor in lab-grown meat company Memphis Meats.

Former “Daily Show” host Jon Stewart is vegan because “pigs have personality.”

Food tech start-up JUST will be the first to bring a ready-made folded vegan egg to market.

Daycare centers in Copenhagen can now serve vegan food.

Vegan singer/songwriter Billie Eilish just made Grammy's history - she took home 3 awards and is the youngest artist to win "Best New Artist."

Sales of vegan meat will reach $1 billion for the first time ever this year.

The Las Vegas strip just got its first vegan restaurant.

Starbucks aims to add more plant-based food to its menu - vegan breakfast sausage sandwiches will come soon.

California now has a vegan lobby group.

Reactions: Hog and MoreGreens