News KFC to expand vegan chicken offering

David3

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
United States: During the month of February, Kentucky Fried Chicken will be serving its vegan "Beyond Fried Chicken" at 66 restaurant locations in Tennessee and North Carolina. This month-long trial will serve to measure public demand for vegan chicken alternatives.

1580354554015.png

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
I've read that KFC will cook their vegan fried chicken in the same oil as all the other food, which isn't that big a deal for the people they're marketing toward. But, as with Burger King, vegans shouldn't expect to roll up to KFC and get a legit vegan meal.

That KFC chose Nashville is tricky, imo. We have a fantastic vegan soul food restaurant called The Southern V (with beautiful 'fried chick'n') as well as a couple of vegan soul food popups. I doubt it will be the local vegans who run to KFC waxing poetic over their long lost fried chicken. Still, I hope it's a success, if only to cut down on overall animal death.

I haven't stepped inside a KFC in almost 30 years. :D I might want to try this, though.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
I'm glad fast food places are starting to offer veggie options.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I wonder why.

It's a way for them to expand their customer base of course, but we're a demographic group that (relatively speaking) isn't very big.

The investment needed to implement the vegan option seems like it would out weigh the potential payoff by a wide margin.

I'm glad fast food places are starting to offer veggie options.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I wonder why.

It's a way for them to expand their customer base of course, but we're a demographic group that (relatively speaking) isn't very big.

The investment needed to implement the vegan option seems like it would out weigh the potential payoff by a wide margin.

Yes.:confused: