Vegan KFC Beyond chicken nuggets-California !

Lou

Master
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Let me know if they are any good. It's not coming to Northern California (yet).

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC

silva

Master
Supporter
Reaction score
Any word on all plant based fast food? I do mean vegan of course--not looking to get a raw salad with tahini dressing -- they're around 🙄

It would be hard to go to a KFC, but I would! I think they stink, but the smell of Popeyes is so good to me, as long as the actual meat smell doesn't come through. I still remember my son getting a bucket of Popeyes and picking off some breading

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Do they deep fry in the same oil pit as their chicken ?

As they are targeting flexitarians, I wouldn't have imagined that they'd invest in separate fryers. Same goes for BK ; I once asked if the burgers were grilled separately and the answer was a 'no'!:rolleyes:

* Beyond Fried Chicken is fried in the same fryers as KFC’s meat-based fried chicken. So much like Burger King’s Impossible Whopper, some people may take issue with calling this “vegan.”

Indian Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Sounds like a small step for a man to switch from fried chickens to fried stuff that has a similar nutritional content, BUT a giant leap for chickenkind!

• Love
Reactions: David3 and Lou

Lou

Master
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I once asked if the burgers were grilled separately and the answer was a 'no'!:rolleyes:

In a press release, BK said you could request it to be cooked in the oven.
When I went to BK i just requested "no mayo". I don't worry about cross-contamination.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
T

thinman

McDonalds (Ontario) here sez they use the same grill press but have a separate section for their PLT Beyond Meat patty.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas