Keep getting a sore throat?

Jaimee Poe

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi guys!
so since I have gone vegan (I went vegan back in may) I have gotten a cold multiple times. it’s like a sore throat and then sometimes i’ll get congested and sneeze a lot/runny nose. i’m not sure why this keeps happening to me, I eat extremely healthy, workout everyday, drink tons of water, I take b12, and a multi vitamin everyday. I recently went in for a blood test and the nurse told me all my vitamin levels came back really good. before I went vegan I was the person that never got sick, it was rare that I would catch a cold.
this is what I typically eat in a day

breakfast: oatmeal with almond milk, berries and ground flax seeds or a bran cereal with berries banana chia seeds and almond milk

lunch i’ll do black beans, brown rice, spinach nutritional yeast or a hummus wrap with veggies

dinner i’ll have roasted veggies (broccoli, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes) with chickpeas & kale)
lunch and dinner switches but those are the basics, and snacks i’ll have an apple, a banana, almonds or a lara bar.

i’m not sure if i’m missing something in my diet that I should add or what? i’m just very frustrated that i’m sick again! hope someone can help! thanks guy!!!

why should u think it is your diet ? the doctor doesnt think so.

u had a bloodtest all came up fine.

so why ask here ? you were at the doctors to ask what was wrong with you and they said nothing from what you are sayiing here.

since the doctors have told u nothing wrong with your blood and not suggested anything else...maybe u r smoking too much and giving yourself sore throat from that or something else.

go back and see the doctor is the sensible advice this is not the place for medical advice.

if you cannot suggest things you are doing like maybe smoking as just one example...no pointn blaming a diet.

sleeping in draughts also gives sore throats...the possibilties are endless...hay fever...all sorts

this really isnt a medical forum for whatever problem you think you have is my suggestion.

I am not a vegan, but I get a sore throat every time I attempt to eat pure plant based dinners. Starts with a sore throat, then sore eyes and a “heavy head”, brain fog, and it very often turns into a cold. It just feels like I’ve eaten wrongly, or not enough, even if I’ve included beans or other legumes and all the components of a full vegan meal.

So I don’t find it strange that you experienced this after five months of veganism.

I am not a vegan, but I get a sore throat every time I attempt to eat pure plant based dinners. Starts with a sore throat, then sore eyes and a “heavy head”, brain fog, and it very often turns into a cold. It just feels like I’ve eaten wrongly, or not enough, even if I’ve included beans or other legumes and all the components of a full vegan meal.

So I don’t find it strange that you experienced this after five months of veganism.

Hi Miriam,

Pure plant based dinners are nutritious. I'm guessing that, if vegan meals give you these symptoms, you're allergic to one of the ingredients within those meals. You might try starting with simpler vegan meals, and then later adding more ingredients to subsequent vegan meals (to see which ingredient is giving you a bad reaction).

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC