Desert Island Dishes

Daxx

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
You are stranded on a desert island and, for some reason or other, you can only have the same breakfast, lunch, dinner + 1 dessert and 1 snack for the rest of your days (so you won't have to worry about hypothetically killing that hypothetical cow also on the hypothetical island).

The VeganLife podcast used to do this before the magazine folded, with looser rules and more choices. I'd love to see that podcast return btw.

Mine would be:

Breakfast: Porridge, soaked overnight with dried fruit, served with a big teaspoon of Meridian peanut butter & fresh berries to sprinkle. Nice strong cup of coffee with Moma oat milk.
Lunch: Heinz beans on toast, thickly slathered with spread and marmite. Nice strong cup of tea.
Dinner: Spaghetti with arrabiata sauce, garlic bread, black bean balls, and green veg on the side (nooch and seasoning obvs). A bottle of red wine.
Dessert: Vegan black forest gateau with cream (and a brandy). I don't have a lot of puddings, but if I can get a good vegan version of this then yes please
Snack: Trail mix. As diverse a mix as possible please!

What are yours?

Last edited:
Reactions: Raven and KLS52
You are stranded on a desert island and, for some reason or other, you can only have the same breakfast, lunch and dinner for the rest of your days (so you won't have to worry about hypothetically killing that hypothetical cow also on the hypothetical island).

The VeganLife podcast used to do this before the magazine folded, with looser rules and more choices. I'd love to see that podcast return btw.

Mine would be:

Breakfast: Porridge, soaked overnight with dried fruit, served with a big teaspoon of Meridian peanut butter & fresh berries to sprinkle. Nice strong cup of coffee with Moma oat milk.
Lunch: Heinz beans on toast, thickly slathered with spread and marmite. Nice strong cup of tea.
Dinner: Spaghetti with arrabiata sauce, garlic bread, black bean balls, and green veg on the side (nooch and seasoning obvs). A bottle of red wine.

What are yours?

Just so that we don't have to do extra cooking, I am going to just enjoy all the same meals as you!! minus the marmite!

You have covered all the food groups I love and would never tire of.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

No snacks? 😭
Good point! Let's say breakfast, lunch, dinner, 1 dessert, 1 snack?

In which case I'd add vegan black forest gateau with cream (and a brandy) and trail mix.

Hopefully island life will include a lot of physical activity or I'll be getting chubby.

(Updated my OP)

Just so that we don't have to do extra cooking, I am going to just enjoy all the same meals as you!! minus the marmite!

You have covered all the food groups I love and would never tire of.

Emma JC
seriously...everything sounds so good! I might update my snacks now lol. I have to think on this a bit.

Reactions: Daxx
my snack would be hummus & breadsticks and my dessert would be squares of dark chocolate

yeah, we'd better be swimming a lot, chopping wood, building shelters etc - I don't eat this much food over three days, let alone every day

Emma JC

Reactions: KLS52 and Daxx
You are stranded on a desert island and, for some reason or other, you can only have the same breakfast, lunch, dinner + 1 dessert and 1 snack for the rest of your days (so you won't have to worry about hypothetically killing that hypothetical cow also on the hypothetical island).

Mine would be:

Dessert: Vegan black forest gateau with cream (and a brandy). I don't have a lot of puddings, but if I can get a good vegan version of this then yes please
Snack: Trail mix. As diverse a mix as possible please!

What are yours?
Where would all this food come from if you are stuck on a desert island.
Seaweed for breakfast
Coconut for lunch
I do not know what else. Maybe nuts and berries.

• Friendly
Reactions: bEt