Just tried oat milk...

GTing

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
WOW that was good. It ain't cheap but it's unbelievably tasty. I tried almond milk before but found I wasn't a fan, I've also tried hazelnut milk (and bought another carton of it) and found it actually tastes like regular chocolate milk (although less overbearing than actual chocolate milk).

Due to my G6PD deficiency I wouldn't dare try soy milk (although it most likely has a far lesser effect than most beans), and it certainly bugs to see so many different flavors it mixes with that I can't try. After I finish off the two milks I already got, I'll try buying some...I think it's rice milk? Grain milk?

Have you ever tried banana milk?

It's simple and cheap - one banana in a bullet blender with half cup water and spin.

Perfect on cereals or oatmeal or just to drink and no additives.... make as thick or as thin as you prefer.

Emma JC

Wait, it's that easy to make banana milk? I love bananas, but I never thought it would be an easy thing to make a milk out of (I actually don't know how non-dairy milks are usually made, though I read how to make almond milk once and I remember it sounded pretty easy).

Gonna get me some bananas this afternoon and making some milk. Is there an amount of time I need the mixture to sit in the fridge after blending or is it good to go immediately?