June Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is an average tea spoon,- i take a whole spoon of turmetic powder and a half spoon (or a little less) of ground plack pepper. Sometimes i add a whole spoon of amla powder. This "magic potion" is the only thing that is keeping my COPD under control. I agree with you,- it must reduce any possible inflammation.:) I remember talking to you about this matter one day, but i don't remember, for what reason you're taking this mix.:oops:
I have arthritis in my feet and ankles and right hand. Just avoiding dairy helped, but tumeric has been amazing! I also have asthma, and lately have been wondering if it's maybe copd? I sometimes don't feel I get all the air out, like with humidity (which has been increasing here like never before!) My asthma is better when I avoid processed foods, oils, sugar, but I think it could be better. I will try alma! I've heard such good things about it from Search

I have arthritis in my feet and ankles and right hand. Just avoiding dairy helped, but tumeric has been amazing! I also have asthma, and lately have been wondering if it's maybe copd? I sometimes don't feel I get all the air out, like with humidity (which has been increasing here like never before!) My asthma is better when I avoid processed foods, oils, sugar, but I think it could be better. I will try alma! I've heard such good things about it from Search
I don't know if it's appropriate to advise you something that i haven't tried myself, but i also found this one. It's a pure commercial, of course, but if you're interested in Ayurvedic approach to the treatment of so-called "incurable diseases",- then you might be interested in this "COPD care pack".
Ayurvedic Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Herbal Remedies

Also posting a link to another useful article in pdf (with the list of all plants for treating pulmonary diseases - Latin names and common names). [It's downloadable]. It was written by Indian doctors. This one helped me a lot, surprisingly.
https://www.researchgate.net/public...e_COPD_Current_status_and_future_perspectives

And, what about amla,- i can say, that this "magic potion" (of turmeric and black pepper) becomes more effective when i add amla to it. I'm even up to ordering a couple more jars in the Indian shop in the city.:)

:woo:I was feeling incredibly lazy, ate a bit too much, and a bit too badly last night. I went down to do laundry and thought about the old jeans that I had stored because they no fit, so tried them on -- and they fit again :jump:
I also have a couple of nicer capris that 'almost' fit, so I have a start on summer!
:starshower:
Can't find the bathing suit I thought I kept thougho_O

Reactions: Chryssie and KLS52
I don't know if it's appropriate to advise you something that i haven't tried myself, but i also found this one. It's a pure commercial, of course, but if you're interested in Ayurvedic approach to the treatment of so-called "incurable diseases",- then you might be interested in this "COPD care pack".
Ayurvedic Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Herbal Remedies

Also posting a link to another useful article in pdf (with the list of all plants for treating pulmonary diseases - Latin names and common names). [It's downloadable]. It was written by Indian doctors. This one helped me a lot, surprisingly.
https://www.researchgate.net/public...e_COPD_Current_status_and_future_perspectives

And, what about amla,- i can say, that this "magic potion" (of turmeric and black pepper) becomes more effective when i add amla to it. I'm even up to ordering a couple more jars in the Indian shop in the city.:)
Thanks for that link! Years ago I ordered a bag of Holy Basil tea, and while I liked it, and thought I could use it in cooking as well as tea, I let a lot of it go bad! :(
I guess I'm not really that bad, but I definitely need more exercise :oops:.
Even in my younger days when I made a point of being in shape, and did kickboxing lessons, I never got to where I enjoyed it, it was always a chore I made myself do. I sit all day at work, then mostly do little at home.
I should join a cheap gym, or find cheap exercise lessons

Do you take tumeric? I was taking it every morning, with a bit of black pepper mixed in, in just enough water to chug down, followed by a glass of water. I really felt it helped me inflammation! Just between 1/4 and 1/2 teaspoon
I don’t tolerate taking this kind of stuff. I just can’t do it. :yuck:

I don’t tolerate taking this kind of stuff. I just can’t do it. :yuck:
You could try capsules o_O
I really do hate tumeric :p.
Ground flaxseeds are good for inflammation. You can add to cooked or cold cereals, smoothies, applesauce. 1 Tbls a day

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I did look up beginner exercise videos. There are lots on youtube, and it is so much easier to follow along for me than to just do a series myself. I need the cardio and motivation

Reactions: PTree15
You could try capsules o_O
I really do hate tumeric :p.
Ground flaxseeds are good for inflammation. You can add to cooked or cold cereals, smoothies, applesauce. 1 Tbls a day
I can totally do flaxseed.

Not trying to be a PIA, but I barely manage to take the pills I have to take. I buy liquid/chewables every chance I get. I’m a tough one... It’s not fun dealing with me with certain things. Lol. :p

The hip is 70% better by the way. Resting and ice is really doing the trick. I didn’t even need Tylenol or Advil today. :)

Still not going to do any walking though until it’s really healed.

Reactions: Chryssie
I jinxed myself. Pain was bad enough to wake me from a sound sleep...I was actually dreaming that I sleeping and was having hip pain and trying to find a comfortable position. I will pop two Advil and do the ice thing since I always seem to get relief from that.

I really need to get things done today. I don’t have time for pain!

I jinxed myself. Pain was bad enough to wake me from a sound sleep...I was actually dreaming that I sleeping and was having hip pain and trying to find a comfortable position. I will pop two Advil and do the ice thing since I always seem to get relief from that.

I really need to get things done today. I don’t have time for pain!
I had a bad pain in my right knee yesterday, because i overestimated my ability to drag super heavy sacks with food.:p Today it's better, but my left knee clicks now! It's raining anyway, so before i leave back to town,- i'll only have a brief walk to the other community, in order to buy a bread loaf and a cottage cheese pie for Gala and grandpa.:pig:

FYI - (and I know that for some, this can be bad news) but alcohol contains histamines and is inflammatory. I've noticed, in the six weeks I've been dry, that both my allergies and my arthritis have improved a lot. ;)

Reactions: Val and PTree15
I'm feeling sluggish. Haven't been working out as much. Don't have much energy when I get home from work, and I don't even work long hours. I relaxed last night, thinking it would improve my energy for today... nope. Still feel crappy.

The magic of having good food prepared :dismay:. I came home so tired, made a small coffee and finished the bag of little sugar wafer cookies that I had been meticulously rationing myself to 4-5 cookies! There were several 4-5 cookies- they're like sugar wafer cookies but only like less than an inch square. Probably had 25...
Made myself take a short walk around the block.
Should I join a cheap gym :ignore::mango: There is a Planet Fitness on my home from work.

Today I did something different. Met up with an old friend for coffee. Then I bought a few things I needed (kitty litter, more coffee) and then stopped by a friends place for a few hours. My energy levels feel much better now. I needed that boost of morale, or whatever you want to call it. I have a bad habit of isolating myself.

Reactions: Val and PTree15
I've been walking, and I started back with toning exercises again. I had been doing planks and squats and whatnot a while back, but I hadn't done them in weeks. I'm using an app called Lose Weight in 30 Days. It focuses on toning. I don't think this alone would be a weight-loss plan, but I like the exercises and they take only 10 minutes a day at the outset. I think the longest workout is 24 minutes at the end of the month. It counts the reps and times the planks and all, so it's sort of like a little routine. My eating is so-so, but it's better than it had been last month.

I’m doing it...I’m going in...going to go for my first morning walk since June 3rd. Wish me luck...hope I don’t relapse! 🤞🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.