June Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May ended badly with all of the chaos going on with the house. Here’s hoping I’ll have more motivation for June. Unfortunately, when I’m stressed I go into lockdown mode, even though my morning walks are therapeutic. I have trouble getting out there. But I’m going to keep trying.

I definitely need to cut back on the junk food although I’ve maintained my weight which is surprising. I did not hit 140 like I thought. That made me very happy. Very odd considering the junk food and the fact that I’ve had pasta for dinner six nights in a row! :lol:

Here's to the start of a good month:D
I'm starting to be able to get in the walking habit, although it is quite obvious I only have one pair of shoes that don't cause my ankle to hurt--the leather ones which had JUST been at the lowest price on amazon for two days and I passed it up :mad:. Wore my cushy Asics that fit great, but not for serious walks
I'm really hoping to get close to 140 by the end of the month! I may have to play around with intermittent fasting to jump start--and NO more pasta or pizza, (or Beyond Sausage?:confused:) I'm not satisfied with one serving!

Here's to the start of a good month:D
I'm starting to be able to get in the walking habit, although it is quite obvious I only have one pair of shoes that don't cause my ankle to hurt--the leather ones which had JUST been at the lowest price on amazon for two days and I passed it up :mad:. Wore my cushy Asics that fit great, but not for serious walks
I'm really hoping to get close to 140 by the end of the month! I may have to play around with intermittent fasting to jump start--and NO more pasta or pizza, (or Beyond Sausage?:confused:) I'm not satisfied with one serving!
You are smart to stay away from the foods that you know will sabotage you. Good job!

Last edited:
Reactions: Val and Chryssie
Well, I have the same goals as always! I didn't manage to cut back much on sweets so will try again this month! I do continue my treadmill walks every day. Maybe one of these days I will get some will power!

Since it worked well for me in May, I'm going to repeat my goals as well: meet my daily step goals, do yoga a few times a week, meditate daily (new!) and no alcohol. Boy do I sound like a fun friend! :p

Reactions: Katrina and Val
Since it worked well for me in May, I'm going to repeat my goals as well: meet my daily step goals, do yoga a few times a week, meditate daily (new!) and no alcohol. Boy do I sound like a fun friend! :p
Smart friend is better than a fun friend.:p

My goal is to cook more often. I'm starting to actually crave certain foods again (as opposed to just eating because I have to), so my goal this week is to make a batch of seitan for future use, get some veggie meatballs, and have some of my homemade marinara sauce with the pasta and meatballs. Yum. The seitan, I'll probably marinate in jerk sauce this weekend and serve with coconut rice and green beans.

I love it when I get to work at 8 am and already have 5000 steps in. It only happens about three times a week but it’s still cool.

I think I’m going to do my morning walks every other day or at least not more than two days in a row with a day off in between. I’m noticing a lot of lower back/pelvic muscle/bone pain when I walk a few days in a row. I don’t want a flare up like I’ve had, a few times, where the pain lasts several weeks and I have to load up on anti inflammatory meds.

I love it when I get to work at 8 am and already have 5000 steps in. It only happens about three times a week but it’s still cool.

I think I’m going to do my morning walks every other day or at least not more than two days in a row with a day off in between. I’m noticing a lot of lower back/pelvic muscle/bone pain when I walk a few days in a row. I don’t want a flare up like I’ve had, a few times, where the pain lasts several weeks and I have to load up on anti inflammatory meds.

Have you tried walking less ?

Have you tried walking less ?
Yes it’s better when I don’t do too many days in a row. I only do 30-35 minutes so I don’t feel like the walks themselves are excessive.

Yes it’s better when I don’t do too many days in a row. I only do 30-35 minutes so I don’t feel like the walks themselves are excessive.

That sounds good and what health experts recommend for the over 60's. I also have to be careful when I do to much
housework/decluttering and get aches and pains. :p

I feel we should move this conversation to the + 60's section.:rolleyes::p Oops +50 !:rolleyes:

Last edited:
That sounds good and what health experts recommend for the over 60's. I also have to be careful when I do to much
housework/decluttering and get aches and pains. :p

I feel we should move this conversation to the + 60's section.:rolleyes::p
Haha indeed.

I'm still a way from goal weight, but it feels soooooo awesome to have clothes too loose, and to be able to wear clothes I'd put away!:cool: Heck, to see my definition in the mirror instead of just a bloated belly all around :rolleyes:
I've been doing really well keeping to good foods, and have actually compartmentalized special foods to once a week. (Beyond sausage stuff! :p)
Today I had:
1/4 cup oats with date paste, water, 1 Tbs ground flax and blackberries
steamed tofu and eggplant with a weird sauce I made from salvaged a cashew "french dressing", which was NOTHING like salad dressing! Wish I knew what I did, cause it was amazing-spicy! Over brown basmati rice. Watermelon
Red cabbage, onions, and white beans and green beans
Organic red grapes

Reactions: Katrina and KLS52
Anyone try the new flavors of La Croix sparkling water? I'm hooked now :eek:. Normally don't spend money on drinks, but I tried their coffee/cola, as well as just the cola. No sweeteners at all, just flavor and sparkling water
They've got a ton of new flavors!
Discover NiCola Sparkling Water Flavors

Reactions: Val
I feel as though I may as well belong to the 50+ group. My stupid back. It gets sore so easily. Ughh. I'll hop in the hottub later tonight, since that helps, and I have my heating pad ready to go. I've been lifting too many heavy boxes at work. I COULD refuse to do it, but they are so behind in their work, and I like them, so I do it anyway.

I dunno if it's a mistake or not that I made myself indispensable... or at least, for the moment I am :rolleyes:

I've also got a bad lower back - something happened to it in labour...hopefully it will sort itself out over time.

Anyway, yesterday I did a short workout. About 15mins with some light weights - squats, lunges etc. So that's a start :) also walked to a friends house which is not far but better than nothing.

Reactions: KLS52
Status
Not open for further replies.