I love beans! How about you?

It is said of Pythagoras and his followers that they forbade the eating of beans. I admire his achievements in the areas of science, but I can't see what is so wrong with beans, the magical fruit!
They needed them for counting?

Chickpeas, black beans. cannelli, pintos, kidneys. Usually cooked from dry, but always have cans on hand!

I like fat free refried better than hummus!

aside from lentils, I usually eat kidney or chickpeas. Sometimes cannelini beans. Sometimes I eat other types such as fava, butter bean, borlotti, pinto, navy, black eyed bean. I am not a fan of black bean. I always do my mexican with red kidney.

My mother does this thing where she bakes green string beans in oil and salt and they become like french fries. but green.

Lentils are my favorite, and chickpeas. I like black beans, pinto beans, cannelini beans, kidney beans. I like beans...never had cranberry beans, though.

What about lupini beans? I haven't had these in ages and I should probably fix that! I loved snacking on them when I was younger. Their saltiness was the best part. Salty beany goodness.

ziyad-lupini-beans-94436.jpg

What about lupini beans? I haven't had these in ages and I should probably fix that! I loved snacking on them when I was younger. Their saltiness was the best part. Salty beany goodness.

ziyad-lupini-beans-94436.jpg

Wow...I thought I was the only one left in the world who knew about lupini beans. I have a jar in my fridge right now...or should I say half a jar!

Reactions: thefadedone
Wow...I thought I was the only one left in the world who knew about lupini beans. I have a jar in my fridge right now...or should I say half a jar!

Nope you are not the only one! My family would get them from the deli all the time along with roasted dried chickpeas. They are sold in all the grocery stores around here also though.

Has anyone tried candied chick peas? They look similar to jordan almonds and I assume they taste about the same also. I believe they are called Kdaameh? I've seen them in a local Lebanese bakery/restaurant but I have no idea if they are vegan or not. There are no nutritional facts and ingredients listed on the containers and I can't find much info online. Here's a pic I found on another website:

Candied-chick-peas-2-550x434.jpg

Reactions: Freesia
Candied chickpeas look like mints. I wonder if you could make them yourself.

I will have to try those, as well as lupini.

Oh I used to love jordan almonds...must figure out how to veganize this with chickpeas

I also like kidney beans but tend to buy them in a tin. But green beans--blech......I hated them so much as a child we called them GBs so I wouldn't freak out at calling them by name. Blech....still can't eat 'em.

If you guys want the bean brownie recipes let me know and I'll post them. They were on my blog but I've tweaked the recipes and need to do an update.