(How) can you make foam with homemade plant-milk?

Meyersaurus

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi there,

I recently started making my own plant-milks (my favourite one is cashew milk, and I've experimented with almond and pistachio so far) in order to achieve my zero-waste goals. Now I buy my coffee beans, as well as my cashew seeds in bulk and I have been doing pretty well for the past few weeks (except for toilet paper, I still haven't found a way to go zero-waste with that)

Now, for those who are interested: I use this mixer which doesn't require a cheese cloth as there is an integrated filter inside. I fill the mixer with cashew seeds, let them soak in water for about 10 hourse, then I rinse them, add water and blend them. After that I fill it in a glass bottle, add a pinch of salt and a liiiittle bit of maple syrup for the taste et voîlà.

Is there anyone who has been making plant milks also and uses it for their coffee and such? I do too, but I've been wondering if there is a way to also make foam with that milk. I once used the foam-maker on my coffee machine, and while it did make the surface a little foamy I think it mostly just added water to it.

Thanks for any suggestions:))

Reactions: Emma JC
I use a Breville milk frother with soy for a wonderful frothy latte. I've tried other non-dairy milks, but soy seems to froth the best for me.

Soy does make a good foam. So does almond. I'm not sure about coconut or cashew.

I've read that Oat milk is the barista's favorite in NYC and London.

Reactions: Emma JC