Honee

das_nut

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Katie Sanchez, owner of Bee Free Honee, happened upon her miracle product almost entirely by accident, while she was trying to make apple jelly. The resulting apple-based product turned out amazingly close to the consistency and flavor of honey. When drizzled straight from the bottle, the only thing noticeable about Honee is that it has a little more tang to it than traditional honey. Everything from the color to the viscosity to the level of sweetness is remarkably similar. Plus, there’s no need to mess around with adjusting recipes or converting ratios like you do with brown rice syrup or agave syrup. One tablespoon of Honee equals one tablespoon of honey. It makes a great topping on vanilla or cinnamon ice cream, it’s amazing on or in cornbread, and it costs 30 to 60 cents less per ounce than traditional honey. Made with Midwest apples, lemon juice, and non-GMO vegan-friendly sugar, Bee Free Honee is a honey alternative for vegans and non-vegans alike.

- City Pages

I'll try it.

Sounds good. I remember drinking tea with honey in it when I had colds when I was younger. It would be nice to have that option again.

I miss honey. I like Agave but it doesn't taste like honey. I don't stay away from it completely...like if it happens to be in WW bread. But it would be nice to have something like Honee.

Is it? I've never tried it. My mom used to make crabapple jelly with sugar, and it tasted like honey to me.

Yes, if you look up the ingrediants ; apple juice concentrate, vegan sugar and lemon juice. That is exactly how you make apple jelly. I used to make it until I thought that it was far too sweet.

Reactions: ledboots
I never really liked honey, but I'm glad there seems to be a decent alternative for vegans.

Hmm...I may try this (I'll have to order ti from amazon if I do though; as the nearest physical store where it's available is over 100 miles out of town). If it's good, I might have to cancel my future plans to destroy all apples.

I have an abundance of apples in my fridge...I think I'm going to try to make something like this today. I haven't seen this product in stores anywhere near me.

Reactions: thefadedone