Hidden Talents-Spill the Beans!

@StrangeOtter, your paintings of otters are really excellent. You seem to capture something that looks so realistic and I swear they look like photos.
Otters are very special and I could watch them all day long. 💌
Thank you. I don't know what to say. It's wonderful that you like my art and think that they look realistic.
You could use much of your freetime to watch otter videos from internet, but sometimes you have to go to work. I wish there was a way to work with otters.
I have watched countles otter videos and documentaries already, and I still don't get bored, so in that sense we share same interest. The way they coexist with nature surrounding them is admirable, everything just clicks together if we humans don't ruin everything. And also how they have evolved to perfectly fit into their habitat, and how their life cycle goes around and around again and again year after year, everything in them is interesting and quite comforting as well. I have been mostly interested in genus lutra and lontra, but since there are abundance of sea otter videos I like to watch those frequently and have noticed that they are completely different from other otters. They develop much faster than lutra lutra, for example, they are independent at six months old already, lutra lutra reaches independency at 12 months old. And they are huge when they are born, they can weight more than 2 kg, when lutra lutra weights as a newborn 99-120 grams! That's insane difference. After discovering the Singapore otters I have also been very interested in lutrogale perspicillata, but don't know much about them. I simply admire them. I love it how information on this seemingly narrow subject never ends. There is always more to learn.

Here are some channels and a playlist:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I don't know what to say. It's wonderful that you like my art and think that they look realistic.
You could use much of your freetime to watch otter videos from internet, but sometimes you have to go to work. I wish there was a way to work with otters.
I have watched countles otter videos and documentaries already, and I still don't get bored, so in that sense we share same interest. The way they coexist with nature surrounding them is admirable, everything just clicks together if we humans don't ruin everything. And also how they have evolved to perfectly fit into their habitat, and how their life cycle goes around and around again and again year after year, everything in them is interesting and quite comforting as well. I have been mostly interested in genus lutra and lontra, but since there are abundance of sea otter videos I like to watch those frequently and have noticed that they are completely different from other otters. They develop much faster than lutra lutra, for example, they are independent at six months old already, lutra lutra reaches independency at 12 months old. And they are huge when they are born, they can weight more than 2 kg, when lutra lutra weights as a newborn 99-120 grams! That's insane difference. After discovering the Singapore otters I have also been very interested in lutrogale perspicillata, but don't know much about them. I simply admire them. I love it how information on this seemingly narrow subject never ends. There is always more to learn.

Here are some channels and a playlist:

Your paintings of otters are amazing and it's most probably because of your passion that you excel in this field! Continue the good work. 💌

I will have a peek at your links and yes, I could also watch them all day long. I'd really love to see one in real life.

In the UK there are quite a few otter trusts/sanctuaries. I've seen one of the TV the other day and the work they do is outstanding and thanks to it, the otter population has risen.

Welcome To the Tamar Otter & Wildlife Centre

Your paintings of otters are amazing and it's most probably because of your passion that you excel in this field! Continue the good work. 💌

I will have a peek at your links and yes, I could also watch them all day long. I'd really love to see one in real life.

In the UK there are quite a few otter trusts/sanctuaries. I've seen one of the TV the other day and the work they do is outstanding and thanks to it, the otter population has risen.

Welcome To the Tamar Otter & Wildlife Centre
Thank you for sharing the links! I think I want to adopt Sasi, the anti-social otter! :D

And also, thank you for your kind words.

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
I wouldn’t call it a talent necessarily but I just dug out my electric keyboard from storage and started playing some Christmas songs. I’m very rusty but it was fun. It’s been years since I tried playing. With a little time and effort it should all come back to me. Right now I’m basically playing the same song over and over until it’s fluid enough to sound somewhat decent. Then I’ll move on to another song. 😁

l wanted to be able to play piano/keyboards but could never get the hang of reading two different music languages for each hand, that are both doing the same things!
I learned guitar as a kid, but haven't picked one up in so many years. My son plays, he has I think 3 different acoustics. Seeing that Charo video made me want to try and see what I could still do! Seriously though, my son is the only one in my family that has any musical talent. My grandmother could play a pretty good harmonia though

I had 8 guitar lessons as a teen but didn’t get very far. One of my flaws is not persevering when things get hard. It can be a very detrimental flaw when goi g through life! 😐
I probably know 12 chords or so, which isn’t too bad considering there are a lot of fun 3-4 chord songs lol. I wish I had continued because I was learning different strums and fingerpicking. When I started up again with some friends, about ten years ago, I was already too old and my fingers just wouldn’t work, not having played guitar for probably 30-40 years. So I was stick with just some basic strumming. It was fun though. We played with some very accomplished musicians who played in local establishments, so our weak little addition to the songs didn’t matter because as a whole we sounded really good haha.
I love to sing but sadly have no quality to my voice. I can carry a tune really well and harmonizing is my favorite, so again, when blending in with good voices the lack of quality in mine didn’t really matter. But we had so much fun pretending we were rock stars. 🤩

• Love
Reactions: PTree15