Hello to friends old and new....

Welcome, Angie! So very glad to see you over here :)

Do let us know if there are features you'd like to see, or if there is anything you think should be done differently etc. It might be easier for someone new to the site to spot these things. (Is the font too small? Too little contrast? Etc.)

Everything seems fine to me so far, Indian Summer. And the natives are very friendly :)

Reactions: shyvas
Yeah: you've just reminded me of the area in their supermarkets which have live crabs and lobsters on sale for food :no:

It hasn't changed ! At the fish mongers, you still have all those poor prawns and langoustines alive !!!!!

I think the French still have it in their head that they are a country of gourmets, and far superior to other countries when it comes to food: whereas here in the UK we accepted that our national dishes were rubbish, and have eagerly taken on board and to our hearts some fantastic food from abroad. The wide variety of food on offer in cities in the UK now is far superior to the food available in the cities of France (that was the case when I was there anyway).

I'm pleased to read this as food is far more superior in the UK. I always bring back lots of food like coffee, muscovado sugar, sweets and vegan specialites etc .

French food and restaurants are far overrated thanks to French propoganda.

Reactions: angie54321
I'm another member from VB, who knew little about the kerfuffle and skirmishes on that forum because I'd stopped reading or posting for a while - so thanks to Indian Summer for letting me know about this forum.

For those that don't know me, I'm a 50 yr old female and I've been a vegetarian for 32 years, raised 3 veggie children (who are now vegetarian adults), and introduced my parents and husband to the wonders of a compassionate vegetarian lifestyle.

Although I call myself a vegetarian, I eat a 99+% vegan diet, so I view myself as 'veganish' or 'plant-powered' :)
Hi, Angie. Glad you made it here! Way cool on raising veggie kids! That's awesome. And I love "plant-powered," lol. I think that calls for a t-shirt or bumper sticker!

Reactions: angie54321