Hello from GoVegan (aka Tim Bailey)

GoVegan

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi all

Some of you may have heard about me and my work already, but most not so introducing myself. I have a 30 year career regulating the livestock sector, reaching the top of my profession. However, I'm not allowed to say who with due to restrictions. I went Vegan 5-years ago, a year after suffering a stroke 6-years back. Thanks to the likes of Dr Gregor I discovered why I most likely had a stroke and changed to a whole food plant-based diet overnight. Coupled with my frustrations of trying to keep the tide of livestock pollution at bay and finally listening to my vegan daughter I went ethical vegan at the same time. I immediately started to research and write a book and after 4-years of weekends and late nights finally published a book Livestock's Longer Shadow: Hope Lives in Kindness. UK Cowspiracy, but a lot more detailed.

Livestock’s Longer Shadow in general is a book for everyone everywhere who cares about animals, our planet, our health, our future and our children’s future from farm to fork and who wants to have a better understanding of the science behind the subject within a UK lens. More detail here: Livestock's Longer Shadow. Before taking on this subject I have written several natural history titles, ironically on 'carnivorous plants.'

It is science based, and deals with the subject as a whole and not in silos. From a personal perspective it would have been easier to publish after I retired, but that would have been 10 years too late!

I have been out and about in 2021 and hope to be more visible again in 2022, so hopefully will get the pleasure to meet people from this Forum.

Please check out the book, and if not for you please forward on to anyone who you think would be interested.

Hope Lives in Kindness and my very best wishes to you all

GoVegan (aka Tim Bailey)

Attachments

• Livestocks Longer Shadow.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 6
Hi Tim, and welcome to the forum! Best of luck with your book. And Happy New Year!

Hi LoreD, thank you for getting in touch

US Amazon may stock it in advance eventually, but it is print on demand from the publisher The Choir Press, based in England. So until they do it can be purchased through Amazon US but will take a few weeks to be delivered from the UK. I'm trying to drive sales to get it pre-stocked, but I hope if interested a few weeks wait will be worth it. :)

Tim

Hi LoreD, thank you for getting in touch

US Amazon may stock it in advance eventually, but it is print on demand from the publisher The Choir Press, based in England. So until they do it can be purchased through Amazon US but will take a few weeks to be delivered from the UK. I'm trying to drive sales to get it pre-stocked, but I hope if interested a few weeks wait will be worth it. :)

Tim

Except for cookbooks, I don't buy hardcover, or paperback, books anymore. Not enough room in my apartment. If it is hardcover, I get it from the library.

I did find the Kindle option, and tried to purchase, but it would only allow me to get the sample. I don't know what the issue is.

Last edited:
Hi again LoreD

Good news is that it is available as a Kindle ebook from Amazon. Should have mentioned that at the beginning. :)

Tim

Hi again LoreD

Good news is that it is available as a Kindle ebook from Amazon. Should have mentioned that at the beginning. :)

Tim

But it won't let me purchase it. I keep on hitting the click to buy button, but nothing happens. It doesn't download, and it doesn't charge my credit card.

I downloaded the sample to my Kindle, but it won't let me buy the book.

Maybe it is refusing purchase to people outside the UK.

Sorry to hear that. Not sure why and will contact the publisher and get back to you ASAP. Tomorrow is a public holiday in the UK, so hopefully I will get a response some time on Tuesday. They are normally pretty quick. Will keep you informed,

Sorry to hear that. Not sure why and will contact the publisher and get back to you ASAP. Tomorrow is a public holiday in the UK, so hopefully I will get a response some time on Tuesday. They are normally pretty quick. Will keep you informed,

I have been enjoying the generous sample, but I would like to buy the book.

Very reasonably priced on kindle.

The Kindle Store, in the Kindle app, doesn't show any results when I search your name or the book. It just keeps saying "no results."

It is, also, very difficult to find on the Amazon website. I had to use your name and the book name in the search. If I searched your name or the book name individually; nothing came up.

There are some major glitches with Amazon

Last edited:
Hi

Glad you have enjoyed the sample and pricing. :)

Publisher got back. There is no reason at their end why the US Amazon Kindle ebook is not downloading for you. Would be interesting to hear if anyone else is having issues.

I've also been told the book is also being printed in the US, so any time delay in receiving the book is local to the US (e.g. Delays caused by COVID and long distances in US to transport).

Tim