Animal Advocacy Happy news! - Caring helps

Mikkel

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I tried to search for a post like this, but I didn't find any. But I wanted a place to post things that proves it helps to care and that it's possible to make some changes in the world today.

Like today's good news. A restaurant in Oslo, Norway is taking of foie gras from their menu from 2014. They have got quite a hard time on FB lately, and changed quite fast after it.

So thumbs up for "Ekebergrestauranten" who changes their menu!

I would think that denying entrance to a pub based on a particular item of clothing , as being discrimintory.

It is. But it's done a lot of places. You have to have a certain outfit to get in. "Nice outfit" as it's stated several places. And it's often used to turn people down because they aren't welcome because of other things.

But since it's not discriminated on sex, religion, skin color, sexuallity etc, I think it's fun! No one needs to wear a CG jacket, and they have also written that it's just to take another jacket on, and you are welcome. And told about how the jackets are made.

It is. But it's done a lot of places. You have to have a certain outfit to get in. "Nice outfit" as it's stated several places. And it's often used to turn people down because they aren't welcome because of other things.

But since it's not discriminated on sex, religion, skin color, sexuallity etc, I think it's fun! No one needs to wear a CG jacket, and they have also written that it's just to take another jacket on, and you are welcome. And told about how the jackets are made.

Making people aware is a positive thing. I'm certain that many people don't know that their jackets/coats contain bird feathers.

Prehaps Norwegians accept these kind of bans more willingly than other nations ?

Perhaps we do. We have strong laws about banning people because of things like gender, skin color, religion etc, but I've never heard of places getting trouble because of rules about the outfit. But it is ofcaused used to turn away people from other things.

9 Countries End Cruel Animal Labs, Thanks to PETA and TraumaMan
Nine countries, three continents, and thousands of animals’ lives saved.

PETA has helped medical training programs in Bolivia, Costa Rica, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Mexico, Mongolia, Panama, and Trinidad and Tobago to stop cutting apart and killing animals in surgery courses and instead start using life-like human-patient simulators. How? We purchased 64 state-of-the-art TraumaMan surgical simulators and donated them to the programs...

http://www.peta.org/blog/countries-end-animal-labs-traumaman/

Foie gras is really popular in the right way in Norway now! An owner of several food stores have now confirmed that they won't take in foie gras anymore.

It also started to work really hard to get a law that forbids to import it. It's illegal to produce foie gras in Norway, but not to import. Yet.

It was so nice to be in the store today, when someone asked for foie gras, and I could inform the employees that they never will be able to sell it again! :D

Reactions: Calliegirl