Happiness questionaire

You may not know who we are,and receive only anonymous data from your poll. But please know that hosts like google are keenly aware of partipants and their answers, and use such information for their own purposes.

• Agree
Reactions: Brian W
You may not know who we are,and receive only anonymous data from your poll. But please know that hosts like google are keenly aware of partipants and their answers, and use such information for their own purposes.
I`ve heard google has a vegetarian cantine… maybe thats the reason for their success

I think someone mentioned B12 vitamin. This is the only vitamin that is making going vegan a bit of challenge. There is hardly any plant source for this, and is often taken as a supplement. I read somewhere that this vitamin can be stored in the body for up to a year. However I would mention this to your GP if you can, since it might have severe consequences if you are having a deficit of it. Fun fact: Chimpanzees can make their own B12
Spinach might have some B12

• Disagree
Reactions: silva
Spinach might have some B12
If it does, it will be trace - i.e. not worth thinking about. The only plant source I know of is duckweed (Water lentils) and it hasn't been properly researched yet. If there is a sufficient quantity, it sounds like a really good vegetable for vegans as it contains good quantities of omega 3 and some other nutrients that are commonly low in a plant based diet.

If it does, it will be trace - i.e. not worth thinking about. The only plant source I know of is duckweed (Water lentils) and it hasn't been properly researched yet. If there is a sufficient quantity, it sounds like a really good vegetable for vegans as it contains good quantities of omega 3 and some other nutrients that are commonly low in a plant based diet.
Personally I dont eat anything from the sea

\
Ok…I eat a lot of olive oil
That isn't good!

\

That isn't good!
And, I also eat alot of Soy beans which have Omega 3

And, I also eat alot of Soy beans which have Omega 3
Yeah. It sounds like you should take a supplement.
I take b12, omega, D, and iron. D more because here in central Sweden, winter is DARK. *edit, as I guess it is there on the West coast of Norway. Beautiful area btw. I drove a van from Stavanger to here in Värmland many years ago. Breathtaking scenery.

And I did prior to going vegan, although I used to use fish oil.

And I did the survey. Seems ok.

Reactions: bEt
Yeah. It sounds like you should take a supplement.
I take b12, omega, D, and iron. D more because here in central Sweden, winter is DARK. *edit, as I guess it is there on the West coast of Norway. Beautiful area btw. I drove a van from Stavanger to here in Värmland many years ago. Breathtaking scenery.

And I did prior to going vegan, although I used to use fish oil.

And I did the survey. Seems ok.
Thanks…soon summer and natural D`s.

Thanks…soon summer and natural D`s.
Natural D from the sun is good. I live in sunny southern california and spend some time outside every day. I recently had a blood test and my D was a little low, so I am looking into supplements now. I never had it tested before I was vegan so I don't know if it was low then, too, or not. I get the feeling you are vegan for ethical reasons, and I am, too. And I feel like it's especially important for someone who's vegan for ethical reasons to do everything in our power to stay as healthy as possible.

If you ignore what your body needs for long enough, you can get to a point where you don't feel well enough to make a positive difference in the world.
I say this only because I've made a lot of mistakes with my own health in the past, both before and after discovering veganism, and I wish I could save other like-minded people the same regrets.

When we're young we tend to feel invincible. I used to have a very mind-over-matter approach to life--until I realized that our minds are matter. The people on this forum have lots of life experience, and lots of experience with veganism, and I think most people here trying to give you advice are doing so with the best intentions, and they have the experience to back it up.

I'm really, really glad you're here. There aren't enough vegans around and I'm always glad to meet even one more vegan-hearted person!

Last edited:
Reactions: vesper818
Natural D from the sun is good. I live in sunny southern california and spend some time outside every day. I recently had a blood test and my D was a little low, so I am looking into supplements now. I never had it tested before I was vegan so I don't know if it was low then, too, or not. I get the feeling you are vegan for ethical reasons, and I am, too. And I feel like it's especially important for someone who's vegan for ethical reasons to do everything in our power to stay as healthy as possible.

If you ignore what your body needs for long enough, you can get to a point where you don't feel well enough to make a positive difference in the world.
I say this only because I've made a lot of mistakes with my own health in the past, both before and after discovering veganism, and I wish I could save other like-minded people the same regrets.

When we're young we tend to feel invincible. I used to have a very mind-over-matter approach to life--until I realized that our minds are matter. The people on this forum have lots of life experience, and lots of experience with veganism, and I think most people here trying to give you advice are doing so with the best intentions, and they have the experience to back it up.

I'm really, really glad you're here. There aren't enough vegans around and I'm always glad to meet even one more vegan-hearted person!
Well spoken. It is the only way to save the world….

• Friendly
Reactions: vesper818 and bEt
Thank you for your kind words. It sounds like you'd like to use your thesis to convince more people to consider veganism.
This is a published study that looks similar to what you're envisioning, only they tried to also account for dietary quality of the participants:

The Association between Vegan, Vegetarian, and Omnivore Diet Quality and Depressive Symptoms in Adults: A Cross-Sectional Study - PubMed (nih.gov)

" A cross-sectional online survey utilised the Dietary Screening Tool (DST) and the Centre for Epidemiological Studies of Depression Scale (CESD-20) to measure diet quality and depressive symptoms, respectively."

"This cross-sectional study demonstrates an association between high-quality dietary omnivore, vegan, and vegetarian diets and lower depressive symptoms. It also indicates that vegan and vegetarian dietary patterns were associated with higher diet quality. . . . more frequent intake of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes, whole grains, and water and reduced ultra-processed, refined, and sugary foods, are associated with lower depressive symptoms."