US Guns in the U.S.

I agree that keeping guns around children is as reckless as it comes.
People who have accidents cleaning guns typically are not aware that the gun is loaded. Not checking is what is reckless here.
People who go 120 mph within city limits are typically aware that this is dangerous, hence I would understand the different legal treatment.

I agree that keeping guns around children is as reckless as it comes.
People who have accidents cleaning guns typically are not aware that the gun is loaded. Not checking is what is reckless here.
People who go 120 mph within city limits are typically aware that this is dangerous, hence I would understand the different legal treatment.
The difference is only in how it's legally treated in US. Anytime you drive a car you know to take precautions and if you don't, and others suffer the consequences, it's treated as a criminal offense, not just an accident. DUI, any kind of distraction, speed, unsafe vehicle.... When handling a gun the first thing anyone should do is check for ammo. When storing a gun it needs to be locked. I'm appalled that it can be termed an 'accident' when it 'unintentionally' goes off, by anyone. It should treated as a criminal offense IMO. the difference is only in the law.

Florida man charged in fatal 'stand your ground' shooting
McGlockton family attorney Benjamin Crump - who gained national prominence representing the family of Trayvon Martin after the black teen's fatal shooting by a Hispanic man in 2012 - said in a statement Monday "it's about time" Drejka was arrested. The family, civil rights groups and others had been holding protests demanding he be charged.

"This self-appointed wannabe cop attempted to hide behind 'Stand Your Ground' to defend his indefensible actions, but the truth has finally cut through the noise," Crump said. "I have full faith that this truth will prevail to punish this cold-blooded killer who angrily created the altercation that led to Markeis' needless death."

The current definition of a "mass shooting" is that 4 or more persons, selected indiscriminately, not including the shooter, are killed in a single incident.

Indeed, mass shootings do get the publicity, however, there are every week, every day, a number of single shootings (including suicides) that hardly make the news, however are just as deadly.

And on it goes...............

28 shot — 3 fatally — in Chicago over weekend

28 shot — 3 fatally — in Chicago over weekend
Contrary to all the news attention it gets, Chicago is not the murder or the shooting capital of the U.S.

(Chicago actually ranks seventh. My city, Saint Louis, has about double the murder rate of Chicago. Republicans, and the news media, started focusing on Chicago after Obama was elected President.)

Last edited:
Contrary to all the news attention it gets, Chicago is not the murder or the shooting capital of the U.S.

(Chicago actually ranks seventh. My city, Saint Louis, has about double the murder rate of Chicago. Republicans, and the news media, started focusing on Chicago after Obama was elected President.)
I remember (post-Katrina) Saginaw, Michigan took over NOLA's spot for highest murder rate per capita... I lived there then... it never made major national news, but local news was reporting gun violence & deaths every single night....

I just googled the stats per city in the USA ,what a sad read, I keep thinking about the behind scene pain of the relatives, friends, it must be almost unbearable.

Then you take it one step further as the violence in most areas is male on male I wonder how the women are treated in these areas.

" Republicans, and the news media, started focusing on Chicago after Obama was elected President.) <was Obama the elected representative of that area?