- 1 ripe avocado halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced parsley
- 8 slices bread of choice
- 1 large,thinly sliced tomato
- 2 TBS vegan margarine of choice
- In a small bowl, mash together avocado, lemon juice, cumin and salt until smooth. Stir in parsley and set aside.Top four of the bread slices by spreading the avocado mixture and top with tomato slices. Add the four remaining bread slices on top. Using 1 tablespoon of the softened butter, spread some on the top of each sandwich.
Add about 1 TBS margarine to a griddle or 12 inch skillet. Melt marg over med heat, add sandwiches,unbuttered side down, grill for about 4 minutes,flip with large spatula and do the same on other side. Serve warm.