Got any good stirfy sauce recipes?

L

led.boots

I stir fry a lot in this hot weather, but I am getting bored with the flavors. I tend to do teriyaki or traditional lower salt soy sauce ones. Any yummy ideas? :D

I like to use either balsamic, cider or berry flavoured vinegars for stir fries. Grated fresh ginger and lemon micro planed zest add a kick.

For a nice Thai style treat try coconut milk with ginger, garlic, chilli and lime and optionally some chopped coriander leaves.

I'm with Shyvas on this. I cooked a stirfry over the Christmas break using left over veggies and noodles. I used garlic, ginger, soy sauce, tomatoe sauce, sugar, brown suagr, paprikka finished with chopped spring onions and sesame seeds. It created a sweet, sour and sticky chilli sauce :)

Reactions: Mischief and silva
I'm with Shyvas on this. I cooked a stirfry over the Christmas break using left over veggies and noodles. I used garlic, ginger, soy sauce, tomatoe sauce, sugar, brown suagr, paprikka finished with chopped spring onions and sesame seeds. It created a sweet, sour and sticky chilli sauce :)
I've never used tomato sauce, or paprika, like that! I do a sauce with all the other ingredients, but use the pineapple juice from canned pineapple, and a heaping tablespoon of cornstarch mixed in. I like pineapple in stir fries!

Reactions: Frederic Lavender
I've never used tomato sauce, or paprika, like that! I do a sauce with all the other ingredients, but use the pineapple juice from canned pineapple, and a heaping tablespoon of cornstarch mixed in. I like pineapple in stir fries!
Ah yes, you reminded me! I also added cornstarch to give it that sticky thick consistency like BBQ wings. I will need to try pineapple juice next time :)

I lighten the saltiness of the soy sauce with orange juice, which I tend to have always on hand, and I'm generous with the ginger and garlic and green onions.

I lighten the saltiness of the soy sauce with orange juice, which I tend to have always on hand, and I'm generous with the ginger and garlic and green onions.
Ginger and garlic and some sort of sweetener are main ingredients for my stir-fry sauces as well. I usually use a little brown sugar, but I like the juice idea. Orange flavor works well in stir-fries.

Reactions: Frederic Lavender