Frugal Ideas and Household Hints

I don't if this is a frugal idea exactly but I will put it here anyway. I went climbing last week and my trainers (sneakers) really smelled gross afterwards. I think I was so afraid of being up so high that my feet were sweating more in fear or something.:p I poured some (clean;)) cat litter into them and left them overnight and it really worked. :)

I don't if this is a frugal idea exactly but I will put it here anyway. I went climbing last week and my trainers (sneakers) really smelled gross afterwards. I think I was so afraid of being up so high that my feet were sweating more in fear or something.:p I poured some (clean;)) cat litter into them and left them overnight and it really worked. :)

It never occurred to me that you can use cat litter. I assume it's the scented kind?

I always thought the best thing to use for deodorizing shoes was baking soda, which works like a charm for general deodorizing. When I started working at a hospital three years ago, I was given a rolling metal cabinet to keep my purse and other stuff in. The bottom drawer had a bad smell, so I brought in some baking soda, tossed some in, and left it for a while, and that took care of the bad smell. :)

^ I actually read about it online so it wasn't my bright idea about the cat litter.:D I think baking soda is supposed to work too.:yes:

Reactions: thefadedone
I was thinking our wooden furniture looked dry so i mixed up 2TB olive oil and 2TB lemon juice and rubbed it into the wood with a cloth to moisturise it and then buffed away any excess oil with a an bit of a flannel shirt. I can't believe the difference! the furniture looks luminescent! Brand new!

^ I tried that with just olive oil before on my wooden table and it didn't work so I will try your way with added lemon juice.:up:

I had half a bottle of beer left in my fridge and I was starting to pour it down the sink and I realised I could use it as a hair rinse instead of wasting it down the drain.:)

^ I tried that with just olive oil before on my wooden table and it didn't work so I will try your way with added lemon juice.:up:

I had half a bottle of beer left in my fridge and I was starting to pour it down the sink and I realised I could use it as a hair rinse instead of wasting it down the drain.:)

You can also use it for making a sauce when slow cooking.

I was thinking our wooden furniture looked dry so i mixed up 2TB olive oil and 2TB lemon juice and rubbed it into the wood with a cloth to moisturise it and then buffed away any excess oil with a an bit of a flannel shirt. I can't believe the difference! the furniture looks luminescent! Brand new!

Did this on my breakfast bar this morn, looks much better now :)

Before...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363529239.361012.jpg

After...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363529261.263500.jpg

Xxx

Hahahahaha! I hope you hid them from the cats! I once had a cat pee right in a bag of litter that fell on it's side!
Good idea!
I've heard the litter that has the "beads" works great in containers to get rid of smells, esp. damp smells.

I never realized beer was good for your hair. Interesting.
I'd rather just drink the beer. :p

Or use it to make beer battered onion rings or something. :lick:

Or bread! I've been wanting to make beer bread since it looks so ridiculously easy to make, but since I don't drink I never have any beer to cook with.