Feeling Better

AndyZ

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Good Day Everyone,

I notice many of the posts here are about ill-health issues. I have the opposite question.

I have been a vegetarian for many many years, and this January, like many others, took the vegan pledge. I've pretty much stuck to it (except for a dribble of milk in my coffee)

What I've noticed, after about 30 days is a feeling of great well-being. I'm definitely not imagining it, and I am not one to auto-suggest.

Sleep: better
Aching joints: gone
Legs: stronger
Mood : better
Body feels warm and well all over ...
etc etc.

My question is whether this is due to the veganism, in which case I'll be more inclined to carry on. I am unsure because a few other things have changed in the same time period: more exercise, B12 injection (which was late), started taking magnesium tabs regularly and various stresses gone. I am 67 btw, reasonable fit and well, and not overweight

Any thoughts from anyone out there?
many thanks

Andy

Last edited:
Oh, going vegan solves all our problems - we all know that!!! 😄

I think whenever we shake things up/make significant changes, we tend to notice improvement more than when we're in the "rut" of routine…? But hey - sounds like your health is really going well right now, so keep it up!

Reactions: Emma JC
Good Day Everyone,

I notice many of the posts here are about ill-health issues. I have the opposite question.

I have been a vegetarian for many many years, and this January, like many others, took the vegan pledge. I've pretty much stuck to it (except for a dribble of milk in my coffee)

What I've noticed, after about 30 days is a feeling of great well-being. I'm definitely not imagining it, and I am not one to auto-suggest.

Sleep: better
Aching joints: gone
Legs: stronger
Mood : better
Body feels warm and well all over ...
etc etc.

My question is whether this is due to the veganism, in which case I'll be more inclined to carry on. I am unsure because a few other things have changed in the same time period: more exercise, B12 injection (which was late), started taking magnesium tabs regularly and various stresses gone. I am 67 btw, reasonable fit and well, and not overweight

Any thoughts from anyone out there?
many thanks

Andy
You are right. 4 years ago, my wife was at Deaths Door with Heart Problems. We were told to watch "Forks over Knives". She got off 5 prescription meds and recovered her health. We told her heart doctor we watched FOF and was eating this way. He said "Great! I do not have to do anything. You will fix yourself." We found out later, my wife had a heart attack 2 months before we switched. We she called her heart doctor, she asked "Are you still eating plants?" My wife said "Yes". "Then you have nothing to worry about." she said. I have seen more people heal themselves BUT I have seen more ill people refuse to change there food. Glad you you.

welcome Andy

That is great news and hopefully you will stick with it.

Keep us up to date!

Emma JC

Hello Andy,

welcome to the forum from a fellow Andy in Hannover, Germany.

Happy to hear you are feeling better, whatever might be the reason.
By all means, if you did not find any insurmountable difficulties in the vegan lifestyle, keep it up!