Feedback wanted on the forum structure!

Now who can think of something to fill it up with?! Ooooo we could have a Birthday Cake thread. thats nice and non-seasonal

I want to add a Environment Protection type forum somewhere, but can't seem to find the right place or name for it. I might have to shake up the whole structure to fit it in. Let me hear it if anyone has got ideas!

I want to add a Environment Protection type forum somewhere, but can't seem to find the right place or name for it. I might have to shake up the whole structure to fit it in. Let me hear it if anyone has got ideas!

How about Tree-Hugging, Friends of the Earth, Stewards of the Earth or something similar?

Make it a subforum under Lifestyle, perhaps.

Reactions: FortyTwo
I would move the environmental forum down to high culture. I think the first section should just be specifically about veg*nism (food).

I would also add an "animal rights and welfare" forum (which is about more philosophical issues than the advocacy forum) to the animal section.

I would move the environmental forum down to high culture. I think the first section should just be specifically about veg*nism (food).

I would also add an "animal rights and welfare" forum (which is about more philosophical issues than the advocacy forum) to the animal section.

There's a section titled 'philosophy, animal ethics and AR', which covers that - it's in the humanities forum :)

I might still think that based on the theme of the board that that specific topic, as the philosophical reason why most people are veg*n (animal rights/welfare), might be the one of the most important ones on the forum, so I would still put it up in the animal section.

For the animal section, I might move the companion animals forum somewhere else, but I'm getting used to it there. I envision the "animals" section and placement more as reflecting the main philosophical reason for veg*nism, not so much about companion animals.

I'm not sure I quite see how the Environmentalism forum would fit better under High Culture than under Lifestyle. So that stays where it is for the moment.

The AR discussions were originally made part of the Philosophy forum on the grounds that I was trying to develop a board structure that didn't stand out too much from a general discussion board, just with some small adaptations, so that we don't come off as more "exotic" and strange than we have to. However, we now have a separate Animals section, so I can see how it would make sense to move it in there. This is something I'd like to think about carefully before I make a decision, but view points are as always welcome, and often helpful .....

I'm not sure I quite see how the Environmentalism forum would fit better under High Culture than under Lifestyle.

to me (among what I said before) it's because the title "lifestyle" doesn't really fit the veg*n section - which seems to me to be just about food - and so it's odd to see environmentalism stuck in there kind of randomly (in my mind). Whereas the "high culture" section has at least one section which is about current events/news.

to me (among what I said before) it's because the title "lifestyle" doesn't really fit the veg*n section - which seems to me to be just about food - and so it's odd to see environmentalism stuck in there kind of randomly (in my mind). Whereas the "high culture" section has at least one section which is about current events/news.

I agree with IS considering the fact that Environmentalism is, for many people, a lifestyle, and although it is intertwined with news and current events, one could say that about many of the subjects discussed on here - besides, we already have a section for news-related topics. Primarily, people who are Environmentalists modify their own behavior to suit their viewpoints and to better the state of the environment. It makes sense that they would go to a Lifestyle section to discuss their lifestyle.

Could there be a place to list upcoming events...vegfests, ar conventions, veg pride parades, etc? I've been posting them in the individual location threads as they come up, but I don't think they get viewed that much there.
I keep a pretty up to date list of them (for my website and it brings in a lot of traffic) and think it would be more helpful if they were all in one place, in order by date and would disappear once the date had passed.

Although it is a little late in year now, there aren't a ton of listings, but there are some.

Could there be a place to list upcoming events...vegfests, ar conventions, veg pride parades, etc? I've been posting them in the individual location threads as they come up, but I don't think they get viewed that much there.
I keep a pretty up to date list of them (for my website and it brings in a lot of traffic) and think it would be more helpful if they were all in one place, in order by date and would disappear once the date had passed.

Although it is a little late in year now, there aren't a ton of listings, but there are some.
^^Like some sort of calendar?
Just installed an add-on!