February Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, KLS!!!
That's how I feel today. I have so much to do. I really have to do better about making time for my regular exercise.

I have been eating somewhat better, but I'm not where I want to be snacking-wise and carb-wise. I'm working on it, though. I have been doing much better with water intake. I'm making that a priority.

I baked some cookies this morning for a dinner tomorrow that i'm going to, and sadly, I've had two! So that was breakfast, along with licking the batter bowl, haha. I'm watching the calories for the rest of the day, though. :D

Happy healthy February!

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I have started tracking my food again. I haven't been able to stay under my target calories yet but I think I am doing better than I was before I started recording everything! I got a new app called "Achievement" that you link with your Fitbit (or other tracking device) that gives you points for steps and exercise. They also have health related surveys and questions to answer to earn points. When you get 10,000 points, you get $10. It takes a long time to earn that many points but it is incentive! I think I have 498 points. My Fitbit battery died so I missed out on my steps for today.

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
It’s just too cold, work is too busy, and other than getting up 2-3 times a day and jumping around in place for 5-6 minutes, regular exercise is just going to have to wait. This seems to be the routine every year now.

Still eating a few more snacks than I should but managing ok with weight. It also seems to be a winter thing where my body craves extra calories to keep me warm. This is the third year in a row where I gain those few extra pounds then lose it in spring.

It’s also getting lighter earlier in the morning. That’s always key for me. It’s going to help get me get out and walking before work. When it’s light at 6 am it doesn’t matter how cold it is (if it’s at least near 30 degrees). I won’t bother when it’s single digits or in the teens.

Reactions: Chryssie
Ha, I'm on that sofa & I refuse to move!

No in all honestly, energy has been severely lacking, I'm still recovering from flu & exercise has not been on the mind at all. However, I have a free day today so would like to do some kind of workout. :) & hopefully that kick starts a bit more movement from now on.

Ha, I'm on that sofa & I refuse to move!

No in all honestly, energy has been severely lacking, I'm still recovering from flu & exercise has not been on the mind at all. However, I have a free day today so would like to do some kind of workout. :) & hopefully that kick starts a bit more movement from now on.

You just need plenty of rest if you're recovering from flu.;)

I'd had the jab so didn't get the flu as badly as it would've been, however its been a week since feeling better & going back to work but it takes a long time to get back to normal doesn't it! Will probably have a cough for 3 months now (no joke :rofl:)

Enjoy your weekend shyvas :)

I'd had the jab so didn't get the flu as badly as it would've been, however its been a week since feeling better & going back to work but it takes a long time to get back to normal doesn't it! Will probably have a cough for 3 months now (no joke :rofl:)

Enjoy your weekend shyvas :)

It takes at least 2 weeks to recover from flu. Next year I'm going to have the flu vaccination. It is actually quite a scary illness.

Get plenty of rest and stay indoors. The temperatures are still very cold in your area.

It’s just too cold, work is too busy, and other than getting up 2-3 times a day and jumping around in place for 5-6 minutes, regular exercise is just going to have to wait. This seems to be the routine every year now.

Still eating a few more snacks than I should but managing ok with weight. It also seems to be a winter thing where my body craves extra calories to keep me warm. This is the third year in a row where I gain those few extra pounds then lose it in spring.

It’s also getting lighter earlier in the morning. That’s always key for me. It’s going to help get me get out and walking before work. When it’s light at 6 am it doesn’t matter how cold it is (if it’s at least near 30 degrees). I won’t bother when it’s single digits or in the teens.

Oooh snacks !! I could easily eat pita chips with guacamole all day long. :rolleyes:

After the polar vortex of last week, we're getting unseasonably warm weather for the next few days. This time of year, I also find it hard to stay motivated to exercise but I think the upcoming warmer weather will help. And, it's true, the days are finally feeling like they're longer, and that helps my mood and energy level too.

I have a goal to lose 4 more pounds - but no time limit. If I do though, I will be at my lowest weight since my early 40s.

Yes, I’m noticing dawn is trying to break around 6:30 am and it is still light at 5 pm. I’m hoping to get some short walks in this week as we will hit high 50s by Tuesday.

Reactions: PTree15
Yes, I’m noticing dawn is trying to break around 6:30 am and it is still light at 5 pm. I’m hoping to get some short walks in this week as we will hit high 50s by Tuesday.

After 7 am over here. I usually try and walk at around lunchtime when it's a bit warmer. We have freezing temperatures in the morning.

After 7 am over here. I usually try and walk at around lunchtime when it's a bit warmer. We have freezing temperatures in the morning.
Yes it’s still bitter cold in the mornings.

You certainly have very cold temperatures compared to where I live.;)
We are going to have quite a warm up this week though. It will feel good, as long as it doesn’t last more than a few days, haha. I like a little break now and then but I’m not done with winter. It’s been a rather boring one other than the few freezing cold days we’ve had.

We are going to have quite a warm up this week though. It will feel good, as long as it doesn’t last more than a few days, haha. I like a little break now and then but I’m not done with winter. It’s been a rather boring one other than the few freezing cold days we’ve had.

I noticed that. It'll be only - 3°C.:p That indeed is a real warm up.:rolleyes:

N0, actually, look!

BB13C430-EA46-4852-94A1-1A0C8370D68A.jpeg 9A36D49B-EFEB-4AF6-9E71-8C0900A58E29.jpeg

I have had a walk today. I just walked around the block and it took 22 minutes. Not that much but it is a start. If I can walk every day, it will be good! I still do my squats at night before bed every day and lift my 3 lb weights 3 times a week or more. I am still struggling with the food though.

Status
Not open for further replies.