February 2015 Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeryFairy

Anachronism
Reaction score
Post your health goals for this month, keep us updated on your progress, and cheer other forum members on with their goals!

Goals can be anything that will improve your health, physical or mental.

(Yes, it's early, but we missed January's thread. February is a short month anyway, it can have an extra week.)

Have started to skip dinner.

Am eating a good breakfast and an awesome vegan organic lunch set every day, but after that only some fruit in the afternoon, e.g. around 16:00 hours, but not any dinner afterwards (or maybe only a small salad with no oil)

That suggestion was given to me by a colleague, who said that he never has lunch. He said he tried this to somehow curb his own appetite, and while he still was hungry for some weeks, after some time his stomach had adjusted and he was not craving lunch anymore. Have done this by now for 2 weeks, and so far it is fine for me.

Reactions: PTree15
I have to start eating healthily (and less!) again as I'm meant to be having the repeat cholesterol test in March.:dance:

I have lost about 8 1/2 lbs since November which is pretty lame so I have to seriously start again. Today I've had a banana, a soya yoghurt and I'm having some wholewheat crackers with some vegan ham and mustard. I think I will make a tomato and chilli soup with a ciabatta roll for lunch and maybe some chickpea curry and rice later. Why is food so delicious?:dismay:

Reactions: PTree15 and Andy_T
I have to start eating healthily (and less!) again as I'm meant to be having the repeat cholesterol test in March.:dance:

I have lost about 8 1/2 lbs since November which is pretty lame so I have to seriously start again. Today I've had a banana, a soya yoghurt and I'm having some wholewheat crackers with some vegan ham and mustard. I think I will make a tomato and chilli soup with a ciabatta roll for lunch and maybe some chickpea curry and rice later. Why is food so delicious?:dismay:
Deformity not lame!! Better to come off slowly but surely - means you're doing it properly & it's more likely to stay off.

Ok I am in again! I have been pretty much a failure the last couple of months though I have managed to not GAIN a bunch of weight. I got lazy and stopped walking or any other form of exercise . Now that Jeremy is back and has gained a LOT of weight, we need to get serious about this fitness and weight loss journey. We have started taking walks at the park and will continue to do so. Eventually we want to get a gym membership again.
And losing 8 1/2 pounds is not lame; is quite awesome!

I will be taking a jogging class which starts in February, and I hope to continue my lunch walks on the other days of the week, unless I'm jogging on my own. We'll see, in any case my plan is to be active every day of the week.

You guys are doing great!! I have been maintaining as well. My plan is to keep up my usual 5 to 6 days a week of some exercise, be it weights or cardio. I'm focusing more on weights of late to tone up. It has been more than a year since my initial weight loss, and I'm so excited that I seem to have found a way that works to keep it off. I pretty much "diet" during the week, meaning no real junk food and limited snacking, and I watch the portions. I sort of slack off a bit on the weekend so that I don't get into that "deprivation" mindset that used to send me into binge mode. But come Monday morning, I get back on the health train. :D I think this is the longest I've ever maintained a weight loss, and I will be ever vigilant to keep it off. I have worked too hard. The exercising also keeps me in hiking shape, which is so much more pleasant when I'm lighter. :D

Basically just carrying on doing what I'm doing :) eating a loy & exercising whenever I feel like it - but making sure the workouts are pretty hard.

Lost about 5 lbs due to flu before Christmas but obviously Christmas, new year & birthday food & drink plus lots of rest mean I'm pretty much back to normal I reckon (haven't weighed myself.)

I plan to continue knocking out push ups, bicep curls and overhead presses, and incorporating an exercise or two for the legs and the abs. All of this to failure, spread out over the course of each week.

I have done my strength training twice this week (tomorrow will be day 3). I need a good sweat session. :D

Reactions: KLS52 and Andy_T
We walked at the city park Wed for about 2 miles, then we walked to the Dollar Store for another mile. Thursday we walked the 2 mile loop at Lake Beresford again. We are doing good so far!

Where are those pics, Chryssie?! ;)
It was too windy/cold for my downtown walk, so I did the treadmill and kicked some butt! 65 minutes and more than 4 1/2 miles. Almost as long as my walk to downtown. :D

Squats are killer, but they are effective. Keep up the great work, Spang. :)

Reactions: Spang
Status
Not open for further replies.