Favorite YouTube Vegan

new ones I have started watching are The Jaroudi Family, Krocks in the Kitchen, Plantiful Kiki, Edgy Veg - still watching all my other favs

Emma JC

oops, I forgot The Happy Pear - two Irish brothers who have a shop and they do great recipes, mostly very simple and short videos, very upbeat

Emma JC

Here's a cookie recipe as an example.

Reactions: Raven and Lou
^ I have watched some of their videos.

I was watching a video by Rae Likes Froot today and she was eating weird food combinations.

Some of it looked horrible, it was quite funny though. :laughing: Vegan ham with banana! She said it was nice!

Vegan Blog | Rae Likes Froot

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC
i really don't prefer to just have the recipe. I was linked to this one and she has pretty creative recipes, and is straightforward with the procedure-
I actually have all that stuff! Not the desire to make it now though...

• Friendly
I've recently been watching a lot of Earthling Ed.

I will definitely give the others a watch though.
Ed is amazing, a true role model. I can only take so much of it though because it's always very serious. I really wish I could be more like him in my dealings with non-vegans.

I don't have a favorite youtube vegan, however I do pay attention (currently) to the following channels:

VegSource
Mic the Vegan
Happy Healthy Vegan
Hench Herbivore
Vegan Gains
* NutritionFacts.org

Mostly, and some other channels occasionally.

*NutritionFacts.org was and is a well respected source...that being said, I feel something untoward happened with the whole DHA supplement
recommendation (proven, to my satisfaction, to be both false and a marketing ploy by 2 connected parties), so I now watch it with a grain of salt, so
to speak, which is how I treat (to a lesser or greater extent) any media source that I perceive to have been manipulative and/or deceitful in some way. The only reason I do watch it at all is because 95% of it is generally good info. Conversely, media sources that have proven track records of deception (for example, most corporate news sources), do not hold my attention at all.

Hey do you have some links you could share about DHA? I Googled it and have been looking around but I don't see anything really negative about it.

Thanks.

I really like livekindly

Once a week they do vegan news from around the world and once a week they do some other show.

I'm not sure LiveKindly can be considered a YouTube vegan. PlantBasedNews also does weekly news reports.
We had a member who used to post everything LiveKindly did in a LiveKindly news thread. But she stopped. Now its up to us to just subscribe to it and watch it on YouTube as it comes up.

• Wow
Hey do you have some links you could share about DHA? I Googled it and have been looking around but I don't see anything really negative about it.

Thanks.
I've been taking algae dha for years and really find it helps my focus. When I don't have it I find myself scatterbrained :ignore: , again...
I've had many- I look for combined (dha and epa) of 250 a day. Dr Greger finds we can convert dha to epa easily. I do get these from amazon, the prices seem to vary.
I would love to know why algae dha in gelatin caps is much less expensive! I actually saw fish oil clearlyt labeled in veg caps, next to a buy one get one free of algae dha -huge bottle- in gelatin caps! :mad:.
I take them on an empty stomach or else I get the sea burps :yuck:
I had been focused on getting the proper ratios of 3-6-9 omega for so much of my life. I had never been a seafood eater of any kind. I had ADD issues my whole life. I started supplementing long before becoming familiar with Greger or any of nutrition based physicians, kind of on a whim, and was shocked when I found I was getting things done the first time, without going back and forth as I've always struggled with diverted attention. I became convinced when I stopped taking them, and then a couple later going back
The research proves that not everyone converts ala into dha efficiently, and it becomes even less as we age.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t call any my favorite since I don’t watch religiously or only just started watching, but there’s one channel “Earthling Ed” which seems pretty good:

Another channel I’ve started watching is called Goodful, but it’s not an exclusively vegan channel. Some of the cooking videos posted on the channel feature vegan recipes, but others don’t. However, a video posted on the channel this morning features a Black actor named Brandon explaining how and why he became vegan. It’s a mixed bag.

And let’s not forget Mayim Bialik’s channel. She’s a Jewish vegan and she talks a lot about that and how she manages to make vegan meals while being religiously observant.

Earthling Ed for sure. I love his enthusiasm to convert non-vegans to vegans by making them "meet their meat".
He also engages in debates with meat-eaters trying to prove them wrong and hopefully convert them to veganism.
He even does TEDx talks where he speaks enthusiastically about the vegan way of life.

Reactions: Amy SF and Emma JC
I was watching a new one Simmett Nutrition. He was cutting up a spring/green onion and he said that if you put the cut stem in water it grows back. I've never heard that before!

Plantiful Kiki

I've started watching her too. Her life seems perfect. It's so gorgeous where she lives! :heart_eyes:

I was watching a new one Simmett Nutrition. He was cutting up a spring/green onion and he said that if you put the cut stem in water it grows back. I've never heard that before!

it is true however it only grows more of the green... it does not grow multiple onions so it is not an efficient process.... better to plant seeds and let them grow

Emma JC

it is true however it only grows more of the green... it does not grow multiple onions so it is not an efficient process.... better to plant seeds and let them grow

Emma JC
But a glass of water to just get more greens is far easier than planting seeds to get the whole plant :rofl:
I do put the bulbs in water--I really only want the greens, I can a reg onion for onion, I don't see much difference and onions are so cheap!
I did try the Impossible Burger recipe I'd posted-did not like it at all!

• Wow
what I should have said was "just go to the store and buy the onions"... lol which is what I do after losing patience with growing them - we eat far too many of them to grow them and if I planted the tops of each one we ate then there wouldn't be room for us to live

Emma JC