US Dollar Stores

LoreD

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I have been having some good luck at my local Dollar Tree. I only buy the name brand items, and I use my phone to Google the prices on Amazon.

They had this really fancy type of Himalayan Salt. I checked on Amazon and they were nearly $8 per small bag. I picked them up for $1.25. These bags of Instant Oats were selling for $11. Dollar Tree $1.25. 8 can cases of Evian flavored waters were $1.25.

As long as I check I can get some pretty good deals.

I go to mine about once a month. I got some good deals on spices there too. Canned veggies are 79¢. Tupperware is 4/$1. Last time I was there I bought some pizza doughs for one buck each. Its good for reading glasses, batteries and light bulbs too. But I don't get those very often. and now I get my shampoo there.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I go to mine about once a month. I got some good deals on spices there too. Canned veggies are 79¢. Tupperware is 4/$1. Last time I was there I bought some pizza doughs for one buck each. Its good for reading glasses, batteries and light bulbs too. But I don't get those very often. and now I get my shampoo there.

Well, next month you can get your shampoo at the low waste store. BYOB shampoo. No more plastic bottles!

I buy vegan bar soap, shampoo that has the leaping bunny 'not animal tested', and vegan liquid hand soap (Soapbox) and now hand creme that is labeled vegan and cruelty free.
I went yesterday mostly for reading glasses and found even more variety
This is Dollar Tree which is now up to $1,25
Anyway, there were two lines open and both had people with FULL carts of just everything! One had like 50 glass plates for 1,25 each! This is how Dollar stores stay in business-none of their things were even worth a dollar each!

I do want to switch to the bar shampoo and maybe the laundry soap sheets--or try making my own from that pink laundry soap I bought to do that! Zote I think

I mostly go to Dollar General because it is only a block away from me and I don't have to get out on the 4 lane street to get there. They always have cruelty free products at decent prices. I get toothpaste, hair care products, soaps and the like there. I go to the Dollar Tree once in a while. It is close by too but not as easy to get to. They have frozen fruit and vegetables. The price has gone up from $1 to $1.25 but not that big a deal.

My dollar store has no frozen stuff. They don't even have anything refrigerated except for some sodas next to the check out aisle.
They don't have much cruelty free stuff besides the shampoo. I'll look more closely at the soaps next time I'm there.
Their paper products are a buck, too

• Friendly
I buy coffee filters there 100 for 1.25 and use them in a sieve to clean out my french press as it isn't a good idea to put coffee grains down the drain.

I buy greeting cards, batteries, holiday decorations, stickers for cards etc.

I'll have to check out the food a bit more.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
I like to walk to my Dollar Store. Two and a half miles round trip. I put a couple cloth reusable bags in my backpack. Needed both yesterday because I bought some rolls of paper towels and boxes of Kleenex. Light but bulky. I put the heavier stuff in my backpack. Unfortunately the cruelty-free bubble bath I bought did not have its top on tight and came off, completely emptying into my backpack, and soaking my backpack, jacket, and pants. The backpack has gone to live in the shower and I'll rinse it out every time I take a shower still the water coming off it stops being bubbly. Everything else has gone into the washing machine.

I do smell really good, tho. Lavender and something.

I got some little glass bowls. I have a few but I really like them for heating small portions of stuff in the microwave. Peppermint tea, sponges (4), spaghetti (1 lb), pasta sauce (24 oz)....

yes, I do like buying their glass storage containers too, the ones with the plastic lids

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
We don't usually have those. but I did buy 2/$1. the lids are not microwaveable. And I already broke one.
I use the little bowls in the Microwave to heat up sides for my lunches. Like Baked beans, corn, string beans, or peas. I have a plastic cover that goes over a plate which I use to keep things from splattering

In my area, we have some Mighty Dollar stores. Last time I went, they were still just $1. I like them better than Dollar Tree. Their stores are about twice as big as DT, with more to choose from. Anyone else been to a Mighty Dollar?

In my area, we have some Mighty Dollar stores. Last time I went, they were still just $1. I like them better than Dollar Tree. Their stores are about twice as big as DT, with more to choose from. Anyone else been to a Mighty Dollar?
Nice to see you, sleepydvdr!
I don't think we have Mighty Dollar stores in my area, but I do go to Dollar Tree a lot.

I try to look in on Dollar Tree every couple weeks to see if they have anything good. I stopped in and found Kinder's fajita bowl mix. Sort of an upscale Hamburger Helper. $1.25. I checked on Amazon and it was $5 per box. I picked up a pack of ground Beyond Beef off of the half priced clearance for less than $3. 4 meals for about $4. The avocados were about $.50 per serving, but it really added to it.

I didn't buy more of them. I've made the mistake of buying extras on clearance, and then finding out why it never sold.

I' ll stop off and see if they have some more. I can stock the pantry with products I like.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15