Do you drink tea?

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I was wondering if any other forum members are tea lovers like me. I mostly drink green tea, but I love herb teas as well. I do enjoy some white tea, and Jasmine as well in the morning, if I don't do the traditional green tea. My preference is for Sencha and Genmaicha.

I drink one cup of green tea in the morning, and usually just drink water after that during the day, but in the summer months I like tea in the afternoons. I grow my own mint, so often I use that or hibiscus. It makes delicious iced tea, which is also refreshing in the summer months.

What teas do you like?

Reactions: kelli and gib
I have tried to teach myself to like tea, like I did with coffee in my early teens (love it now, but try to limit my intake to 2 or so cups a week) but it's proven to be very difficult. After literally years of trying different kinds and flavours I can these days have a cup of peppermint tea here and there but that's the only one I can say I like.

Hi there, I am not a tea lover, but I heard many good reviews about natural drinks like green tea and detox tea which helps to stay fit and provide energy and they are available in many flavors. My friend is using detox tea for removing toxins from the body and according to her it is the best option to stay fit. I am also planning to add detox tea into my daily routine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

As a vegetarian my whole life I'd have proper Indian chai every morning, but since going vegan I kinda stopped drinking tea. No particular reason, I just leaned towards black coffee a bit more (i blame uni for that as well). However, I started drinking Yerba Mate a few weeks ago. It tastes really good when its iced.

I love loose-leaf black tea! I'm especially fond of teas from the Assam region and Sri Lanka.

I drink herbal tea mostly - green and mint teas. I would love to grow my own mint but I don't have green fingers.

Anyone can grow mint. It's like a weed. In fact, if you don't isolate it in a pot or bed of its own, it will take over your garden.

Black tea on mornings I don't make coffee, sometimes chamomile tea in the evenings.

I'm gonna take another stab at making kombucha again. My last batch molded. I think the temperature in the place where I stored it was too warm, but that's just a guess. I prefer making my own, as I can control what sweetners and how much sweetner goes into the tea.

Anyone else have any experience at making this brew? Any tips or suggestions?

Reactions: TopoGigio
I mentioned on another thread that I loved chai lattes before going vegan. Now, my friend makes me vegan chai lattes on occasion, which are great.

I also enjoy black tea with almond milk and sugar. Fruit-flavored teas are also quite nice.

I drink green tea sometimes, especially in autumn and winter. It makes me feel myself more cozy. Speaking about black tea, I don`t drink it at all beacuse it provokes acne.

Anyone can grow mint. It's like a weed. In fact, if you don't isolate it in a pot or bed of its own, it will take over your garden.

I somehow managed to kill all the mint in my garden..

I love tea, i used to drink it every morning, and through out the day sometimes, green tea, no sugar!

I used to love Starbucks' chai tea lattes - drank them pretty religiously every Friday for years and years.

Since I decided to go "sugar-free" at the beginning of this year along with transitioning vegan, I've stopped my weekly Starbucks visits (I know I could make a Starbucks chai tea latte vegan by subbing out the milk.)

I do, however, make a killer Coconut Matcha Green Tea Latte now as my Friday treat. I use only half the dates called for in the recipe, and it's delicious. I allow sugar from natural fruit in my diet, just not the processed kinds you'd find in a Starbucks latte. I find natural fruit sugars don't trigger me like processed ones.

This has been a great transition for me, regardless, since I'm now consuming a lot less sugar, AND I'm drinking matcha green tea instead of black (green tea is just so much healthier.)

I'll drink other teas - primarily during the winter months when I want something warm. Some of my favorites are Good Earth Sweet and Spicy, and Twinings Buttermint tea paired with some jasmine green tea. The buttermint tea is amazing (no butter - it's a combo of mint and vanilla that gives a kind of buttery flavor when combined.)

Reactions: Veganite
I drink tea and coffee.
I start off each day with a cup of coffee. and in the afternoons I switch to tea.
In the summer, almost every day i have iced tea. I make a big batch of sun tea every week or two. Right now I am using a Lipton's Black tea and a Good Earth Spiced as a blend.
At night, i will have herbal or decaf tea. One of my favorites is a Spiced Chai with Vanilla flavored soy milk.

I am more of a cold-brew coffee person: usually mix a water with ground coffee in a pitcher and let it soak for at least 12 hours (usually overnight) before filtering it and pouring in my insulated bottle for work!

If i ever do drink coffee its usually black coffee with no sugar, but my morning drink and general daily warm drink is almost always green tea.

Sometimes i would have iced coffee or coffee with grind ice, probably with no sugar too.

I don't like any actual "teas" - eg green, black, white, but I love liquorice, ginger, chilli, and lots of the "Yogi Tea" blends.

I'm a total coffee fiend, though I try to cut back/quit fairly regularly...

I grow chocolate mint and I like to have mint tea as well as green tea every day. I’ve discovered the L-Theanine in the green tea really helps with my anxiety.

I used to drink black Tea, but now i have started green tea considering my health.