Do you drink tea?

I've never been a big fan of traditional tea, either black or green.

I often drink coffee in the mornings, not because I feel I need it (although I needed it more when I was eating animal products), but mostly because of habit and I'm addicted to it. However, it's regular fair in western countries and when I have stopped in the past it's almost like a sacrilege when you say "I don't drink coffee" when someone offers you some. I wasn't even a vegan when I quit before, and some people look at you like you just announced you have an extra pair of hands growing out of your back or something, lol.

But tradition and group think be damned. I'm having some tea from crushed and steeped barley this am, and sprouted at that. All the (B) vitamins are heat stable, and both the vitamins and minerals are water soluble. I'm thinking I may bring this my workplace in a small thermos and have it instead of coffee.

Do you mean barley tea? Barley tea is great, you can have it hot in the winter and cold in the summer, I prefer the Japanese/Korean-style barley tea.:)

Do you mean barley tea? Barley tea is great, you can have it hot in the winter and cold in the summer, I prefer the Japanese/Korean-style barley tea.:)

If one looks up "barley tea" on a major search engine, the first results are from roasted barley that is used like tea so that it makes a clear liquid. It's good for you. But it's not the kind I'm making, in fact the stuff I make probably shouldn't be called tea, it's not roasted, I have just been sprouting it, making a fine blend of it with my blender and heating it then drinking it.

I was wondering if any other forum members are tea lovers like me. I mostly drink green tea, but I love herb teas as well. I do enjoy some white tea, and Jasmine as well in the morning, if I don't do the traditional green tea. My preference is for Sencha and Genmaicha.

I drink one cup of green tea in the morning, and usually just drink water after that during the day, but in the summer months I like tea in the afternoons. I grow my own mint, so often I use that or hibiscus. It makes delicious iced tea, which is also refreshing in the summer months.

What teas do you like?

1 to 1.25 liter of Green Tea per day.

If one looks up "barley tea" on a major search engine, the first results are from roasted barley that is used like tea so that it makes a clear liquid. It's good for you. But it's not the kind I'm making, in fact the stuff I make probably shouldn't be called tea, it's not roasted, I have just been sprouting it, making a fine blend of it with my blender and heating it then drinking it.

Never heard about such a tea. O_O Can I have some?

Usually, no. But every now and then I enjoy some chamomile tea. I started drinking chamomile after discovering the benefits of it such as helping with dry mouth, bad breath (I used to have terrible teeth... gladly, that is taken care of now and deffinitely leaned my lesson about dental hygiene...TMI I know) it also reduces anxiety. I don't know why. Perhaps is it just a placebo effect?
It would be awesome to be able to grow your own tealeaves.
Actually, had the priviledge to drink beverages made of chocolate mint and blackcurrant -leaves grown in a friends garden. Assumably the best tasting drinks on this planet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always liked black coffee, my fav brand is Kupi Luwak! Because it is all organic, made by animal in nature

I have been enjoying iced tea from Starbucks lately. It makes a nice, cool treat.

I forgot to mention rooibos tea with some oat drink. So creamy it's perfect for pampering yourself.

I adore drinking herbal tea. Tea is a common beverage, but did you know that tea is one of the healthiest beverages on the planet? Moreover, there are some other tea types which can help you in weight loss strategy. One of it is green tea and a very exotic tea made from several fermented tea products originating from China.

Reactions: Veganite
I can drink up to 20 cups of tea a day :grinning: so I think it is safe to say that I'm a tea-drinker. My absolute fave is any time of green tea, preferably Jasmin green tea or matcha.

Never heard about such a tea. O_O Can I have some?

No. This is my secret. I'm not telling a soul :p

Hehe. If you want sprouted barley on hand to make tea, here's what you do:

1) Soak barley overnight, 12-18 hours. You can soak at 8 hours on and off, but this is more work. Around 12 or so hours works well for me. *Note - obviously this must be the whole barley seed that has bran and germ, nothing refined. It also must be a non heat treated seed, ie: it is viable and can be turned into a plant if it was planted.

2) Drain water, cover. Twice a day rinse and toss (this is important or mold may develop), and drain water again. Cover.

3) When barley has reached desired sprouted length, either sun dry, or gently heat to dry, then air dry. Grain should crack under your teeth but be easy to chew. This will save for a while out of sunlight in an air tight container.

4) Use a blender and make flour as desired. Add hot/cold water and any flavorings you'd like.

Enjoy the free minerals and extra vitamins of sprouted barley.

Tip: If you want the enzymes too - just mix with warm water at or just below 65 C (This temp is with the barley in the water. When adding heated water to grain, the temp will naturally go down a bit). Too hot and the enzymes will be destroyed.

Lots. Dandelion, mint, turmeric, cinnamon, licorice, raspberry leaf, dill, fennel, clove, horsetail, ginger, chamomile.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Hi,
On a rare occasion (such as a while back), I may have a cup of normal tea, but I generally drink green tea, if I drink tea. I don't drink coffee, although I like coffee cake...
Thank you.
Have a great day and/or night!

Reactions: Veganite