Daiya Mushroom and Roasted Garlic Pizza

:(
They actually have a huge market with lactose intolerant people. The store I work in sells Daiya and most of it is purchased by non-vegans.

And there's something not quite right about putting orange 'cheese' on a pizza.

There seems to be a big market for lactose intolerant consumers. The only problem is that many manufacturers are now taking out the lactose and still using dairy.

:rolleyes:

They omitted to state that they were kiddie servings.

I find that most industrials don't get the servings right. When you buy a cake/dessert/pudding, I find that when it says serves 4, I'd translate that to 2 or even 1 !
I think they do this on purpose to make it sound like more food, or to say "only 200 calories per serving!" But really you eat 600 calories.

:D
I think they do this on purpose to make it sound like more food, or to say "only 200 calories per serving!" But really you eat 600 calories.

Yes, they want consumers to think that they are getting a bargain ; a pizza that serves 4 translate 'serves 1 hungry person'.

Reactions: ledboots
I tried this the other day when it went on sale for something like 5-6$ here. It was okay. I like the tofurky pepperoni one better, actually. Crust is softer and it's more... meaty. The daiya just didn't feel like it had a lot going on.

I just tried the fire-roasted veggie version. It was not very good. I really have discovered that I loathe gluten-free pizza crust. It's too dense, doughy and chewy for me, not to mention it has virtually no flavor. I like a light thin crust, and while this crust is relatively thin, the texture and blandness ruined the whole pizza. The sauce also was quite bland, and there wasn't much of it. Maybe my pizza was old or something, but even the veggies were blah for something that was supposed to be fire-roasted. I had to throw lots of pepper on it just to make it edible. I actually will toss the leftovers,and I rarely waste food. I love all of the Daiya cheeses, but for frozen pizza, I will stick to Amy's margherita veggie pizza and throw some Daiya on it. I would make my own pizza, but for some reason, I'm just awful at making pizza dough.