Bought the wrong Pizza, bad cravings..

Sproutskies

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
So... at the local sprouts/freezer section the other day I blindly grabbed what I thought was cauliflower Vegan Pizza. It was the same brand of cauliflower crust but with real meat and cheese. Realized the error at home after taking a closer look at the box just before putting into the freezer. Now having intense cravings and debating whether to give it to a neighbor or throw in the trash. Struggling with that voice in my head that is trying to get me to slip up. Full vegan for 2 months now transitioning from a lifetime of eating meat and dairy.

How do you guys blast through bad cravings and the occasional accidental purchase?

Definitely give it to someone instead of tossing it out.

What motivated you to go vegan? Revisit and reinforce whatever that was. I watched a lot of documentaries, read lots of articles and several books to cement the shift in habits and ideology.

I often miss the convenience, and sometimes the flavor, but I can't remember the last time I was actually tempted. It will get easier and eventually it won't feel like a struggle or sacrifice.

Definitely give it to someone instead of tossing it out.

What motivated you to go vegan? Revisit and reinforce whatever that was. I watched a lot of documentaries, read lots of articles and several books to cement the shift in habits and ideology.

I often miss the convenience, and sometimes the flavor, but I can't remember the last time I was actually tempted. It will get easier and eventually it won't feel like a struggle or sacrifice.
The main issue with giving to a neighbor is that many are not easy to get along with. Most of us in the apartment complex generally do our own thing. Just moved in 4-5 months ago and found out after the fact that three people are sex offenders including my landlord.

Don’t really want to disclose or broadcast that I’m a Vegan in any way.

Also some weird racial tension being one of the few white guys in a predominantly black neighborhood. Sometimes get looks and the sense that there is some strong generational anger from those feeling oppressed by the "white man". It really makes me really uncomfortable so I generally avoid the bad energy and misplaced sense of shame that society/politics/the media expects from a white male.

Growing up in a Jewish family many of my ancestors were put into cages and killed on the basis of just existing. Want to get away from this PC culture of being put in a box and having to agree with popular opinion of how we should think and feel about these things.

One of the pluses of living here is that I have access to a trail/nature close by. Moved here because it's easy to get outside and get away from the city life/pollution. Developed an autoimmune disease that I need to have a getaway to really help my mind destress around walking through the trees and riding my bike.

Throwing pizza in the trash is also an option to remove the drug of my past addiction to meat and eliminate giving in to any temptation.

Some of the deeper reasons I decided to go full Vegan are related to my health and realizations around destroying the planet in some form. The diet and lifestyle are just one step to living in alignment with my true self and healing through some intense life trauma. Some reasons are more selfish than others but it helps me connect to a higher purpose.

Last edited:
To live is to learn so they say. To be honest processed foods are mystery foods (the original concept belongs to the author of Miami Vice) and you never know what might be there that you didn't notice. Probably the best way to deal with cravings is to practice inner contemplation and observe them, see where they come in our mind, where they take us and the consequences.

After breaking a two day fasting with a chocolate bar that was it for chocolates.

Last edited:
let is thaw a bit, take off the cheese and meat and put on your own toppings - it can be almost anything that is tasty and you love - I even put leftover spaghettini on my pizza once and loved it

Emma JC

let is thaw a bit, take off the cheese and meat and put on your own toppings - it can be almost anything that is tasty and you love - I even put leftover spaghettini on my pizza once and loved it

Emma JC

That was also my initial thought but it would be a lot of faff. :D

Reactions: Sproutskies
shops don't accept a food return that is either fresh or frozen unless there is a valid reason.
I know I’ve done this before.

One time I even got a refund on some drinks I didn't like, after I drank half of it. Stores must have different policies? I wouldn't have even thought of "what if they don't accept it," I would have just gone to the store, with the receipt and said hey I got the wrong pizza.

Last edited:
So... at the local sprouts/freezer section the other day I blindly grabbed what I thought was cauliflower Vegan Pizza. It was the same brand of cauliflower crust but with real meat and cheese. Realized the error at home after taking a closer look at the box just before putting into the freezer. Now having intense cravings and debating whether to give it to a neighbor or throw in the trash. Struggling with that voice in my head that is trying to get me to slip up. Full vegan for 2 months now transitioning from a lifetime of eating meat and dairy.

How do you guys blast through bad cravings and the occasional accidental purchase?
Give it to a neighbor, or throw it in the trash (whichever is faster). Reward yourself by eating your favorite vegan candy. Doing the right thing has its rewards.

Do what you feel best-if you don't have someone to give it to either consider disposing of it as a one time thing, or scraping the topping off and adding some other sauce and veggies. It could be "reborn" ;)

I'd eat it before throwing it out- my reason being that the damage to animals was already done, and throwing it in the trash wouldn't undo that. Giving it to someone else would be preferable than disposal, since (presumably) they would then eat the non-veg pizza you gave them instead of a serving of non-vegan food they would have bought otherwise.

If eating meat makes you feel physically ill for some reason, that's a different issue. I grew up eating and enjoying meat, but stopped because my feelings for animals over-rode my cravings. Giving up dairy and egg was harder. I actually asked the Creator to make me lactose-intolerant 🙏 so that I would have extra motivation to avoid nonvegan foods!!! But soon my lapses became fewer and fewer, and it turned out that nobody had to smite me.....🌩️🌪️

• Disagree
Reactions: Sax
I'd eat it before throwing it out- my reason being that the damage to animals was already done, and throwing it in the trash wouldn't undo that. Giving it to someone else would be preferable than disposal, since (presumably) they would then eat the non-veg pizza you gave them instead of a serving of non-vegan food they would have bought otherwise.

If eating meat makes you feel physically ill for some reason, that's a different issue. I grew up eating and enjoying meat, but stopped because my feelings for animals over-rode my cravings. Giving up dairy and egg was harder. I actually asked the Creator to make me lactose-intolerant 🙏 so that I would have extra motivation to avoid nonvegan foods!!! But soon my lapses became fewer and fewer, and it turned out that nobody had to smite me.....🌩️🌪️

When people post in the Support forum about "bad cravings" please don't suggest they go ahead and eat animal products. Sproutskies is transitioning to veganism and is trying to resist temptation here. I'm sure you mean well but that's something that shouldn't be tolerated on the forum IMO.

Reactions: Emma JC