Violife

Forest Nymph

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
My first comment about Violife is positive. It tastes good cold. It tastes like cheese shreds cold.

But it melts oddly and stiffly. Meh. Maybe if I tried the cheddar instead of the mozzarella it would be better on pizza.

This is for people who like cheap frozen pizzas, or cold cheese.

I like it as cold cheese. But for hot pizza I'd prefer FYH, Daiya, or Miyokos (and Daiya isn't the best tasting, it just melts well, except for the cheddar cheese sauce on their Mac n cheese which is yum).

Vegan cheese is so complicated. I won't deem violife bad, just bad for melting.

Original, and the Parmesan for Violife are really good. I don't really rate the mozzarella one myself, it's probably my least favourite. One of the best ones from Violife IMO is their halloumi. It's really good to make vegan halloumi fries - it goes super gooey.

I also really like the FYH medium cheddar, and the Nacho Cashew Cheese dip from Kinda Co.

Reactions: MoreGreens
I also like Violife mozzarella flavour for melting. Their halloumi is also delicious when grilled and melts well. I like the parmesan wedge for grating over pasta but must say that it tastes nothing like the real thing.

One of the best pb cheddar's is Tesco's Free From cheese as it has a pleasant taste and texture.

tps://www.bbcgoodfood.com/review/best-vegan-cheese

I've only tried the Parmesan, which I like well enough, and use primarily as a garnish. It doesn't taste like Parm to me however it's aesthetically pleasing, and the ingredients aren't as difficult to pronounce as some. I've been craving a calzone with sun-dried tomatoes, basil, kalamata and spinach (yes, it was necessary to be that specific ;)) and was thinking of trying the Violife feta block in it as well. Has anyone tried the feta?

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
I've only tried the Parmesan, which I like well enough, and use primarily as a garnish. It doesn't taste like Parm to me however it's aesthetically pleasing, and the ingredients aren't as difficult to pronounce as some. I've been craving a calzone with sun-dried tomatoes, basil, kalamata and spinach (yes, it was necessary to be that specific ;)) and was thinking of trying the Violife feta block in it as well. Has anyone tried the feta?

I've tried feta but didn't like it.

I like the Greek white block, which has lots of flavour. I tried some of the other ones but they tasted a bit bland. I haven't tried to melt them though, I just use them in salads and sandwiches.