Cocoa Layer Cake with Cashew Cream Frosting

Yum.. my husband can't eat white flour and white sugar isn't vegan, so I'd have to sub those, but looks good! I sadly don't have a lot of recipes in the baking department. I was a HUGE baker.. I grew up with a bowl and whisk in my hand lol.. but since changing to plant based/vegan, I haven't done much of it and those that I have done didn't turn out all that great. I do have a few that we turn to, but I'm having a hard time calling it "baking" lol.. it's a much different thing once you don't eat highly processed foods. A lot less complicated too. I have a zillion awesome treats we make.. but baking.. hmm.. not sure I do that anymore lol.

Yum.. my husband can't eat white flour and white sugar isn't vegan, so I'd have to sub those, but looks good! I sadly don't have a lot of recipes in the baking department. I was a HUGE baker.. I grew up with a bowl and whisk in my hand lol.. but since changing to plant based/vegan, I haven't done much of it and those that I have done didn't turn out all that great. I do have a few that we turn to, but I'm having a hard time calling it "baking" lol.. it's a much different thing once you don't eat highly processed foods. A lot less complicated too. I have a zillion awesome treats we make.. but baking.. hmm.. not sure I do that anymore lol.

Good point about the white sugar - it's one that sometimes I forget when looking at recipes and one of the things I didn't really understand wasn't vegan until I researched it more!

Good point about the white sugar - it's one that sometimes I forget when looking at recipes and one of the things I didn't really understand wasn't vegan until I researched it more!

And one of the hardest ones to avoid! It's everywhere lol ugh. Thank goodness it's easy enough to sub, but it's the little things like this that add up and make it hard to eat outside of my own home without looking like a loon lol.