Christmas Countdown & Everything Thread (2021)

The custom mug I ordered for my sister came today! I was worried it wouldn't come before Christmas. Here it is:

View attachment 26264

View attachment 26265

Notice how I have a beer in my hand and she has a wine glass? This is so "us". I thought this was the cutest idea ever. You choose the beverage, hair style and color and the phrase. I hope she likes it!
That’s really cool. I love the personalized mugs.

Merry Christmas PTree!

It’s funny (not funny) that today is a bit of a depressing day for me because it signals the end of the most wonderful time of the year.
Tomorrow will be the saddest day of the year.
I do get to look forward to our family gift exchange once grandson is done quarantining. So that’s always fun. A second celebration…probably New Year’s Day. And a third when we see my SIL. Not sure when that will be.

Last night was really nice. Usually we don’t do anything Christmas Eve but since my one daughter is quarantining with her family, my oldest daughter decided she wanted to drive the 90 minutes and spend the evening with us. We did take out and opened our gifts to each other. It was nice. And she had a smooth trip home. No traffic. It can easily be a 2-2 1/2 hour drive with traffic.

Merry Christmas PTree!

It’s funny (not funny) that today is a bit of a depressing day for me because it signals the end of the most wonderful time of the year.
Tomorrow will be the saddest day of the year.
I do get to look forward to our family gift exchange once grandson is done quarantining. So that’s always fun. A second celebration…probably New Year’s Day. And a third when we see my SIL. Not sure when that will be.

Last night was really nice. Usually we don’t do anything Christmas Eve but since my one daughter is quarantining with her family, my oldest daughter decided she wanted to drive the 90 minutes and spend the evening with us. We did take out and opened our gifts to each other. It was nice. And she had a smooth trip home. No traffic. It can easily be a 2-2 1/2 hour drive with traffic.
Awww, hugs, KLS. That's great about the future get-togethers, though. So nice to look forward to that. Cool on the Christmas Eve celebration. I kind of like the smaller gatherings because when my family gets together, it's a huge number of people (like 50-plus) and you don't always get to chat with everyone. It's nice to be able spend time together in smaller groups.

I had a quiet Christmas Eve. I watched The Ref while I (finally) decorated my tree, three Hallmark movies (Christmas Unexpected, Mistletoe Promise and Boyfriends of Christmas Past), plus A Christmas Story (again, haha) and It's a Wonderful Life. I spent hours today FaceTiming various relatives and talking on the phone with others. I also delivered half an apple pie (which was supposed to go with me to my brother's, but COViD) to a friend, who was thrilled. I don't want to eat the whole thing myself ... well, I do, but my waistline would not be happy. :D

I had a great time as usual with my family at Lynda's house. It was a small gathering of 11. Skye's daughter Jade was working. She is a fire fighter now in Lake County. Lynda's youngest, Marybeth, was spending Christmas with her boyfriend's family. There were lots of goodies to eat. Lots of pictures were taken and I will post some when I get them edited and organized. Lottery tickets were gifted to everybody and I actually have 2 winners. Only $5 and $10 but that's cool. I never play the lottery! I also got a Panera gift card and a snow globe with a cardinal in it from Lynda. She really liked the mug I got her. Camri, who is very crafty and does homemade stuff every year made sugar glazed pecans and a Kahlua syrup to add to coffee that has rum in it for everyone. Haley said she wanted to come over so we will get together next weekend.

• Friendly
Reactions: Blues and PTree15
Well we all ended up at my sister’s and my nephew showed me a gift 💝 he received from two close friends.
It was a photo album of his dear deceased dog 🐕 about 6 months ago it past away .
His friends went through his Facebook and other social media and copied /printed him and his dog and turned it into a photo album 🥰

Just had some really delicious Christmas chocolates from Booja Booja. Wow! Definitely recommend. Consumed while watching 'Top 50 Greatest Xmas Songs - Ever!' with family.

Thought I should also share our Christmas Eve dinner table (we usually have our main celebration on Christmas Eve) - all thanks to the marvelous Mrs Summer:

IMG_20211224_162336.jpg
Featuring: cranberry sauce, salad, gravy, vegan ham, vegan turkey, and a 'Christmas Wreath' (very nice, top left, next to margarine). There was also wine, bread etc.

Not in photo: dessert which was trifle with cream which was amazing!

(Everything obviously vegan.)