Christmas Countdown & Everything Thread (2021)

Everyone else: “It’s not December yet!”
Me: “I don’t care.”

Thanksgiving is the official kick off to Christmas. It’s even when Santa comes out of hiding…at the Macy’s thanksgiving day parade. 😁

Religiously speaking Sunday is the beginning of Advent.

Reactions: Amy SF and Emma JC
It started to snow on Wednesday and there is a lot of it! :)
I think I'm going to make a snow-man (or snow-something, haven't decided) this year. It's been a while.
At the gardening shop where I'm training had a delivery of hundreds of Christmas trees that came all the way from Denmark. Poinsettias and hellebores are everywhere.
Our teacher said that on the week 50 and onward we are going to have Christmas chaos and we have to make a lot of flower-arrangements for customers.
I'm on a diet (sitting in school is starting to affect me), so this year I can't eat any of the Christmas sweets, but I'll get some oranges, nuts and raisins. :)

I put my Christmas tree up. I am not putting out all the little knick knack decorations though. I do need a topper. I haven't been able to find one that works and that I like. One of the animal charity sites I buy from has one that is really cute (it's a cat) but it is really expensive.

IMG_20211128_094854.jpg

I have a small four footer. It fits perfectly on the desk in the living room. I will postpone pictures until I finish decorating. I need a small tree skirt to put under the tree first.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I don't have a tree skirt either. I should get one I guess. LOL
You don’t need one technically since it has a base. And the carpet gives it a warm look. Mine is on top of a desk so it looks cold and stark lol.

This is the tree I have. I also have my nativity under it so i feel like it really does need something. And it’s a plain plastic stand.

I’m watching a hallmark movie, Christmas at Castle Heart, filmed in Ireland. It’s so good!

They just mentioned a saying, “May the most you wish for be the least you get”. 😍😍😍

I’m watching a hallmark movie, Christmas at Castle Heart, filmed in Ireland. It’s so good!

They just mentioned a saying, “May the most you wish for be the least you get”. 😍😍😍
I loved this one! I just finished watching it (my sister DVR'd it on Philo, so I could watch it at my leisure). It's a keeper for sure. :)

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I want to have this as Christmas present: Särmä TST Yleistasku XL
My other stuff fits perfectly in the 30 L Savotta Jääkäri backpack, but food never does, so that extra XL pocket would be perfect for the food items. Would make my life so much easier!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52