Christmas Countdown & Everything Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decorating has commenced! The tree is up but not yet trimmed. I started with the other decorations first, though I didn't finish, getting about two-thirds of the way done. I will do the tree tomorrow and put out the carolers. I also have one more box with some random decorations somewhere in the basement. So that will be tomorrow. It's looking very festive!

I just looked at Aldi ad starting next week--they have the big glass jar of olives back :jump:
I love olives, and got this last year. An assortment of green and burgundy olives, garlic cloves, capers, pepper strips, in a well seasoned brine.
I used almost every bit, a lot of the brine used to brine other veggies, make cheese, tofu feta......
It's a beautiful jar too! I still have it... but it just sits in a cabinet :shrug: $7.99 , 32 oz
1606920314282.png

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I love olives especially the burgundy ones! That is a pretty jar.

Aldi needs a way to check stock at different locations, you can't call. Maybe you could ask in a local group though?
I know mine had them for , maybe 3 weeks after the ad, but maybe just got a lot of stock? That's the thing, you never know with the specials! Mine has done much better getting vegan specials now than last year
I'd have sworn we had an Aldi thread already, but it come up when I searched.
I'll start one then

Reactions: KLS52
There are definitely more houses decorated around here than usual for this time of year. People must be trying to cheer themselves up as they are at home so much.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
There are definitely more houses decorated around here than usual for this time of year. People must be trying to cheer themselves up as they are at home so much.
I think so. One of my nieces put up her tree a week before Thanksgiving. 😁

Reactions: Raven
The house across the street put up a lighted "JOY" sign that is now half buried, so only the very top of it shows!
I really do want to go to the Cleveland Zoo for their light display. That was always a family tradition

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I'm almost done with the tree. Work got in the way yesterday. I'm going to work on my Christmas shopping list and make some hand warmers for a friend for Christmas.

We had this Path of Light event at my workplace where we decorated the pathways, the spring, the main hall and the gardens with lights and fires. We also made spruce branche circles and placed fires inside the circles. I was freezing and starving, even so that evening was beautiful and purifying. It was a small event between the workers, there were no outsiders for safety reasons.
I haven't done any decorations this year yet, but I have still three of the decorations that I made last year hidden away in the kitchen cabinet.
I find putting decorations on display exhausting, stressful and pointless, but learning how to make decorations is fun (and also infuriating, because I'm not good at it).
I have been thinking about making waste-free christmas decorations this year. Especially the dried citrus garland sounds amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had this Path of Light event at my workplace where we decorated the pathways, the spring, the main hall and the gardens with lights and fires. We also made spruce branche circles and placed fires inside the circles. I was freezing and starving, even so that evening was beautiful and purifying. It was a small event between the workers, there were no outsiders for safety reasons.
I haven't done any decorations this year yet, but I have still three of the decorations that I made last year.
I find putting decorations on display exhausting, stressful and pointless, but learning how to make decorations is fun (and also infuriating, because I'm not good at it).
I have been thinking about making waste-free christmas decorations this year. Especially the dried citrus garland sounds amazing.
That sounds like a lovely event.

As a self proclaimed someone with a sweet tooth, I never really got into iced Christmas cookies or even Gingerbread but I’ve been overdosing on Hallmark Christmas movies and there are cookies in all of them. They make them look so good that now I want Gingerbread men and iced Christmas cookies! I wonder if I will actually make some. I have printed out several vegan recipes. 😁

View attachment 22864
Mouth-watering.

I got ambitious and got my tree up! The pictures of it I took are not very good so I will try tomorrow in the daylight. I didn't put out as much stuff this year and I didn't put that many decorations on the tree either but it is up!

Status
Not open for further replies.