Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite gifts are a 3 month subscription to thevegankind box, the amazing hotel chocolat vegan chocolate selection box & my gym shark (a fitness brand) underwear sets - they're so nice. :)

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Ohhhhj my gosh, and the tropic skincare set I got! With the cleanser, bamboo cloth, exfoliator, timer mist & moisturiser. Best skincare ever.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Ohhhhj my gosh, and the tropic skincare set I got! With the cleanser, bamboo cloth, exfoliator, timer mist & moisturiser. Best skincare ever.
I took a quick peek at their website...cool stuff!

All I got for Christmas was alcohol and money, luckily they are two of my favourite things.:D I think this is the first year in ages that I didn't get any Lush bath bombs, what is going on?!:p

My favourite gifts are a 3 month subscription to thevegankind box, the amazing hotel chocolat vegan chocolate selection box & my gym shark (a fitness brand) underwear sets - they're so nice. :)

Those chocolates are gorgeous, I got them for my birthday once.:drool:

I was looking at that range the other day!

Son bought me a new French press. Stainless steel. I'm going to have to read the insert because I tried it, this morning, and made it the way I always do when I use my old glass one, and it was the worst coffee ever, lol.

Reactions: hungryraccoon
All I got for Christmas was alcohol and money, luckily they are two of my favourite things.:D I think this is the first year in ages that I didn't get any Lush bath bombs, what is going on?!:p

Those chocolates are gorgeous, I got them for my birthday once.:drool:

I was looking at that range the other day!

You could look at the lush sale although I know they were having such a high demand on their website that it went down!

The tropic skincare is amazing - would highly recommend. James mum has been using it since November and I wanted it so much but I don't buy myself anything from about October until after Christmas haha. She got it for me. We have been thinking of becoming ambassadors.

I hope everyone had a great holiday! My favorite presents were gift cards to REI (which will go toward the purchase of snow shoes, yahoooo!) and some good kitchen gadgets, plus a pretty bracelet. I also got a Star Wars mug that has a silhouette of Darth Vader and the words: "I find your lack of faith disturbing," which is one of my favorite SW quotes. On the inside at the bottom of the mug, it says "and your lack of coffee," hahaha. My nephew got it for me. Too funny!

I hope everyone had a great holiday! My favorite presents were gift cards to REI (which will go toward the purchase of snow shoes, yahoooo!) and some good kitchen gadgets, plus a pretty bracelet. I also got a Star Wars mug that has a silhouette of Darth Vader and the words: "I find your lack of faith disturbing," which is one of my favorite SW quotes. On the inside at the bottom of the mug, it says "and your lack of coffee," hahaha. My nephew got it for me. Too funny!
Nice haul! :)

Son bought me a new French press. Stainless steel. I'm going to have to read the insert because I tried it, this morning, and made it the way I always do when I use my old glass one, and it was the worst coffee ever, lol.
Took two tries but I got it down pat. Son brought home a bag of beans, Starbucks Christmas Reserve and I ground the beans myself, in the coffee grinder. Made a huge difference. It's now delicious! I was using the finer grinds and while they worked perfectly in my old glass press, it didn't work for the new one. So now I need a bag of decaf beans that I can grind myself because I haven't been doing well with caffeine lately. Every once in a while I have to take a break from it for a couple weeks.

Took two tries but I got it down pat. Son brought home a bag of beans, Starbucks Christmas Reserve and I ground the beans myself, in the coffee grinder. Made a huge difference. It's now delicious! I was using the finer grinds and while they worked perfectly in my old glass press, it didn't work for the new one. So now I need a bag of decaf beans that I can grind myself because I haven't been doing well with caffeine lately. Every once in a while I have to take a break from it for a couple weeks.

The best grind for French press is a medium ground coffee. The French press does make an excellent coffee however you can't beat espresso.

The best grind for French press is a medium ground coffee. The French press does make an excellent coffee however you can't beat espresso.
Yes, I'm finding this out. :)
But I get confused. Is espresso a type of grind? Do you brew that differently than other coffee? My son was trying to explain it to me, considering himself to be the Coffee Connoisseur as he works at Starbucks, :rolleyes:, but I wasn't quite getting it from him.

Growing up, my mom always made espresso in a small pot on the stove. But I love when I buy espresso grinds and use it in either my old press or Keurig. It tastes really good. Maybe I just got used to it.

Yes, I'm finding this out. :)
But I get confused. Is espresso a type of grind? Do you brew that differently than other coffee? My son was trying to explain it to me, considering himself to be the Coffee Connoisseur as he works at Starbucks, :rolleyes:, but I wasn't quite getting it from him.

Growing up, my mom always made espresso in a small pot on the stove. But I love when I buy espresso grinds and use it in either my old press or Keurig. It tastes really good. Maybe I just got used to it.

No it's not the grind ( you do need finely ground coffee) but the way it's made. It is very strong coffee made with water that is just below boiling point. You do have to have either a special percolator or espresso maker. It really is by far the best coffee ever and it contains far less caffeine than the filter type.

Reactions: KLS52
Status
Not open for further replies.