Christmas Cooking & Baking - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are having an all vegan and gluten free Christmas. It will be our third all vegan/gluten free Christmas. My Mom eats gluten free (or pretends to, long story) and my Mom and sister are mostly vegetarian. I do NOT eat gluten free but I want to accommodate to be fair since they make such an effort to have an all vegan meal for me. So here is what I plan to bring to the table:
tofu/daiya quiche with broccoli, mushroom, tomato (I prefer spinach but my sister doesn't like it); almond flour based crust
garden salad with tahini/lemon dressing
brown rice crispy bars (brown rice crispy cereal, peanut butter, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, flaxmeal)
lemon donuts (made with white rice flour, almond flour, organic confectioners sugar, lemon juice and zest, almond milk etc)

My Mom and sister will make some stuff too. And my partner, well, he just comes along for the ride lol.

I made cranberry sauce yesterday, and it came out really good, I'm glad I made a big batch :)

I've never made it before because we only get fresh cranberries at Christmas. Yes, it does taste delicious. Anyway, I'm going to have tonight with the nut roast for Christmas eve dinner.

Christmas Eve food:

I'm making a veganised "chicken" pasta and garlic bread for dinner and then raspberry ice cream and fresh fruit for dessert. All vegan, obviously, lol.

He is having cheese pizza and garlic dough balls with cheesecake and vanilla ice cream for dessert. Vegetarian.

I made pumpkin pie!

The crust looks like a child made it, but in my defence this is the first pie I've made since Food Tech at school so i do have the experience of a child :p. I made a mini sample pie and it was good, so hopefully the big one is the same.

10245523_10100243937791377_5984207239988815743_n.jpg

Menus sound really awesome guys... all the cookies and ice cream :) ... quiche.. I have never had cranberry sauce.

I decided to whip up a batch of RascalsMom's famous double chocolate muffins...they are in the oven and I'm licking the bowl right now. [emoji4]

Reactions: PTree15 and Freesia
I've made the most delicious looking roasted potatoes and vegetables. I think I will be foregoing a main dish for myself and just enjoy the sides and dessert. I'm running out of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and Freesia
Wow Shyvas, the meal and desserts look awesome! The main looks lovely, and the gingerbread house!

Reactions: ledboots
shyvas your food is so gorgeous! That gingerbread house is out of this world!

Status
Not open for further replies.