Status
Not open for further replies.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Will you be making any special recipes during the festive season ? Are any of few going to make vegetarian and vegan dishes for christmas dinner ?

I'm planning to make some mince meat and mince pies. I'm not too sure about christmas eve as I'm invited so will probably make some kind of nut or chestnut roast or pie.

All I know so far is I'm going to make maple roasted parsnips & carrots. Because...how tasty do they sound?! Probably to go with a nut roast. :)

I'm planning to make a nut roast for Christmas dinner. Just have to find a recepie I want to try out. I lost the first one I made, and it have been the best so far. Mapelroasted parsnips sound very tasty! Perhaps I try out that too!

And I have to have some vegan egg nog!

I love maple roasted parsnips.:lick:

They sound so delicious! Can't wait for those.

Let me know if you find a good nut roast recipe, Mikkel. :) I'm on the lookout for one too. But it has to be simple & easy for me haha.

Also can't wait for cranberry sauce. Yum.

I love maple roasted parsnips but I haven't made them in a while.

Can you buy Tofurky over here? I usually buy the mock turkey stuff you can get in Holland & Barrett.

I have never had a parsnip, rutabaga or turnip. I am in the mood to try any or all of them. I will Google some recipes.

Every year I say I want to and then I forget! Don't you have to make this in advance or am I thinking of something else? I seem to recall someone saying their mom makes it but, like, weeks/months in advance. :)

Every year I say I want to and then I forget! Don't you have to make this in advance or am I thinking of something else? I seem to recall someone saying their mom makes it but, like, weeks/months in advance. :)

They should be made a year in advance. :D

However, you can make them a few days beforehand and just boil them for a couple of hours before serving on Christmas day.

Reactions: KLS52
I knew it, lol. Good to know.

I could start now for next year, lol.

Saw this recipe on Facebook...I might try it...easy to eliminate the dairy. :)

Eggnog Cookies
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened (sub vegan margarine)
1/4 cup eggnog (Silk!)
1 cup powdered sugar for rolling the cookies
1. Mix together the flour, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggnog.
3. Add the flour mixture gradually until well combines. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or until the dough is firm.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
6. Bake 12-14 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and cool for about 5 minutes and then roll them in powdered sugar. Makes about 3 dozen.

Saw this recipe on Facebook...I might try it...easy to eliminate the dairy. :)

Eggnog Cookies
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened (sub vegan margarine)
1/4 cup eggnog (Silk!)
1 cup powdered sugar for rolling the cookies
1. Mix together the flour, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggnog.
3. Add the flour mixture gradually until well combines. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or until the dough is firm.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
6. Bake 12-14 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and cool for about 5 minutes and then roll them in powdered sugar. Makes about 3 dozen.

That sounds nice.:)

image.jpg I'm ridiculously proud and excited at the results. Magic Bars, Linzer Cookies, and Butter Cookies...all dairy, egg free and delicious!

Reactions: ledboots and Mikkel
Status
Not open for further replies.