Christmas Cooking & Baking - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheesecake is one of my all time favorite desserts, possibly my favorite. While they were fighting, I would have snuck in and grabbed it. :D

Does it really taste similar to dairy cheesecake ?

According to my dinner guests, yes :p Once baked, it mimics the texture really well - set, but super creamy. I always add other flavours in with the tofu and banana though (which isn't typically done with a cheesecake), and I dunno how it would taste completely plain.

So, Im not making stuffed peppers anymore. I am now making a lasagna with pesto and gravy.

It's always like that ; you start of with lots of ideas and then come up with something really different.:p

I'm sticking to my guns ; nut roast with cranberry sauce, gravy, and vegetables.

I have nearly finished my main dishes ; 2 nut loaves, turtle bars ( I need to decorate them with white chocolate tomorrow) gravy, mincemeat ( I'm going to make an apple and mincemeat pie) and I will make the cranberry sauce later on using fresh ones.

I will cook the vegetables tomorrow as we will be having dinner on Christmas eve.

I'm exhausted as I was up at 3.30 and work is very tough during this period of the year.

I've bought a Fry's 'soy & quinoa country roast' to take to my grandads for Christmas dinner. Hoepfully it's nice! He bought a quorn roast, which was very lovely of him, but probably has milk & eggs in it. It won't go to waste though as my mum's going to take it home.

Wow you guys all sound so organised and with such delicious menus...

I dont know, I am not feeling it this year for a number of reasons and I am so tired, I got sleep deprived somehow and never managed to keep up. So I didnt feel like doing anything very elaborate. I will make the stuffed peppers some other time when I have more energy.

I did make the pesto and the gravy yesterday- Rose Elliot's, and it is a nice golden brown colour.

I did make the pesto and the gravy yesterday- Rose Elliot's, and it is a nice golden brown colour.

Rose Elliot's gravy is nice and simple. I use her recipe and vamp it up by adding extra ingredients. I also like pesto when the weather is warmer especially drizzled over stuffed peppers.. I know that you are enjoying much warmer weather in NZ as opposed to us.

Reactions: Freesia
I will serve the pesto as a sort of side condiment with the meal. The lasagna is done now.

I am behind on my baking. I had to work late, and then I was on the phone for three hours with a good friend. It was nice to chat with her, though. :) I will make my apple pie tomorrow and possibly fudge. I wanted to make sugar cookies, but I don't think I will have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.